Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Edirol R-09 - battery runs out, then file can't be opened! (what to do?...)  (Read 2983 times)

Offline goosebump

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
My Edirol R-09 has started doing something weird...
If it runs out of batteries while recording, the file won't open.  The SD card shows 998mb and the full show got recorded, but the file won't open.  Does the Edirol need to finalize the file in some way?  If I open it in Windows Media, etc, it says "file format not recognized."  (likewise, I can't edit it in an editing program, though strangely it does open in foobar2000 so I have heard it).

Anyone else have this problem or have a solution?  Thanks!

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
Try the file repair function on the R-09.

Select the file in the list view by highlighting it and pressing record.
Scroll to the very bottom of the list of available functions (select, info, delete, rename, etc..).
If the file is damaged the 'repair' option will be present at the bottom of the list (you must scroll down to see it)
Select by pressing 'record' and the R-09 writes a new header for the file.
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

Offline MSTaper

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection All-Star
The file repair function worked for me a couple of times when my batteries died during a show. Recovered everything up the point the batteries cut out. MSTaper
Church Audio CA-11, Avantone CK-1
Edirol UA-5
Edirol R-09, Fostex FR-2LE

12/13 Patterson Hood - Florence, Ala.

Offline goosebump

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Many thanks for that fix.  The repair function worked wonders - I didn't know about that somehow.  Was a life saver, can completely hear and edit my file now!  thanks

Offline T.J.

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Always look on the Bright Side of Life
    • My shows taped on LMA
Re: Edirol R-09 - battery runs out, then file can't be opened! (what to do?...)
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2009, 11:52:26 AM »
this one is worth a bump. i had an SD Card fill at the very end of a set. the R09 showed a 1 second file but it was over 800mb. i found this thread, performed the repair, and boom! the recording has been saved! thanks so much for the info

Offline fmaderjr

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: Edirol R-09 - battery runs out, then file can't be opened! (what to do?...)
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2009, 02:24:01 PM »
this one is worth a bump. i had an SD Card fill at the very end of a set. the R09 showed a 1 second file but it was over 800mb. i found this thread, performed the repair, and boom! the recording has been saved! thanks so much for the info

I had a similar experience and my file was fixed flawlessly and easily.

It is worth noting that the HR also has this function.
AT853's (all caps)/CM-300 Franken Naks (CP-1,2,3)/JBMod Nak 700's (CP-701,702) > Tascam DR-680
Or Sonic Studios DSM-6 > M10

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.071 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com