Gear / Technical Help > Post-Processing, Computer / Streaming / Internet Devices & Related Activity

Reaper Audio Tips and Tricks: Show Reaper some love

(1/5) > >>

StarkRavingCalm:
Just started to use Reaper a few weeks ago. So far I love it!
Love the vertical slides
Love that I can set precisely set then amperage by typing in what I want (i.e. +9.27 db)
Rendering is super fast

I would like to start a thread for all things Reaper.
What you like, what you don't and tips and tricks along the way.

Kicking things off...

Does anyone know how to have the files you import show up in the project folder you create?
Instead of the source folder you imported from?

yousef:
The only thing that has stopped me from stepping up to a purchased version is my inability to time-stretch with it.

With Vegas I just hold down ctrl, grab the end of a clip and stretch it to the right length but in Reaper I can never get the stretched audio to fall into place properly. It's as if there is a minimum amount of stretch that has to be applied and I generally need less... I've disabled snapping and quantize-to-frames but to no avail.

If anyone can solve this for me I'll be immediately putting down the money for the new version

saltyheaven:
Reaper is awesome.   I've been using it for years and years.

It's not something I do regularly but on the odd occasions I've time stretched there's been no problem at all.  The Reaper forum is great too, just ask about your time stretching, the answer is sure to come quickly and comprehensively.

StarkRavingCalm:
Is there a trick to having FX you have applied to a mix end up in your rendered file?
The FX are definitely there while I am mixing but the rendered file sounds quite different.
(In the Render window I am leaving the default of Master Mix)

Suggestions?

Sloan Simpson:

--- Quote from: StarkRavingCalm on January 18, 2016, 11:07:54 AM ---Is there a trick to having FX you have applied to a mix end up in your rendered file?
The FX are definitely there while I am mixing but the rendered file sounds quite different.
(In the Render window I am leaving the default of Master Mix)

Suggestions?

--- End quote ---

By any chance did you put your effects on the Monitor track rather than on the Master? If so your rendered file wouldn't have effects applied.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version