Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Stereosonic Recording And Reproducing System (1957 AES paper on stereo)  (Read 9062 times)

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (15)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
Landmark 1957 article by Clark, Dutton and Vanderlyn which marked the start of the stereo era.  I figure this is the best place to put this.  It's an outstanding reference on the basis of two channel stereo- how it works, hearing, recording and reproduction.  Pretty amazing that it more or less comprehensively covers many of the things we still discuss over half a century later.  I rank it up there with the original Blumlein patent for both historical and academic value as well as breadth of coverage.  The discussion in the appendix is worth checking out as well.

Found it posted here: http://www.phaedrus-audio.com/stereosonic.pdf

[edit- at just over 2MB it is too large for me to post here, hopefully a mod can do so in case the link goes dead]
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 08:43:30 PM by Brian Skalinder »
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

DF81

• Trade Count: (0)
Thanks for posting.

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (15)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
Thanks for the bump.  I'm due for a re-read, this is the essential stuff.
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.04 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com