Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Shure Mv88  (Read 5464 times)

Offline relefunt

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection Member
  • kindfulness
    • Milwaukee Taper
Re: Shure Mv88
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2022, 12:37:06 AM »
Based on the advice in another thread, I picked up this lightning extension cable that allows for separating the mic from your phone. Can confirm that it does work, in case anyone is looking for a similar solution.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0963KH66F/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Anyone have experience / ideas for unique mounting opportunities? I'm mostly using this as a backup to my DPA rig these days - but having the ability to extend it from the phone should have some benefit. Taping it to railings, posts, tables all seem to make sense. Just trying to think of some other ways to use it...

Just be careful with these lightning extension cables. I have had variable results with the ones I bought to try to do half-assed spy recording. Sometimes the audio goes to the phones, sometimes not. Possible just the particular brand of cable giving me trouble.

One aspect of the MV88 which does not seem to have been mentioned in this thread is that the software for the mic has several settings which could be customized for particular recording circumstances, such as pickup pattern and variable stereo width as well as the ability to record in mid-side.

It's a very convenient option for making decent (and occasionally very good) recordings.

The very few times I have been asked about it by security I have truthfully explained to them that it is a signal booster for when I am inside buildings. I mean, that's obviously what it is.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2022, 12:38:42 AM by relefunt »
AKG c414xls, Beyerdynamic MC930, Line Audio CM3 and OM1. Superluxe S502mk2
Sneaky: Church CA11+14, Audiotechnica AT853.
Preamps: Shure FP24, CA9200.
Recorder: Sound Devices MixPre6, Roland R05, Sony M10.
my local taping blog: milwaukeetaper.com

Offline detroit lightning

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: Shure Mv88
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2022, 07:01:36 AM »
Based on the advice in another thread, I picked up this lightning extension cable that allows for separating the mic from your phone. Can confirm that it does work, in case anyone is looking for a similar solution.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0963KH66F/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Anyone have experience / ideas for unique mounting opportunities? I'm mostly using this as a backup to my DPA rig these days - but having the ability to extend it from the phone should have some benefit. Taping it to railings, posts, tables all seem to make sense. Just trying to think of some other ways to use it...

Definitely good to know on the cables…I’ll do some more testing.

Just be careful with these lightning extension cables. I have had variable results with the ones I bought to try to do half-assed spy recording. Sometimes the audio goes to the phones, sometimes not. Possible just the particular brand of cable giving me trouble.

One aspect of the MV88 which does not seem to have been mentioned in this thread is that the software for the mic has several settings which could be customized for particular recording circumstances, such as pickup pattern and variable stereo width as well as the ability to record in mid-side.

It's a very convenient option for making decent (and occasionally very good) recordings.

The very few times I have been asked about it by security I have truthfully explained to them that it is a signal booster for when I am inside buildings. I mean, that's obviously what it is.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.047 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com