Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: BUZZ!!!  (Read 1741 times)

Offline barrettphisher

• Trade Count: (21)
  • Taperssection All-Star
BUZZ!!!
« on: July 20, 2006, 08:45:14 PM »
Hey,
Last night I ran off the board for Leo Keotte at the opera house, same feed/setup as always.  During soundcheck I noticed a buzz coming out the FOH speakers, but didn't think much as it was pretty quiet.  I listened to my setup and could it hear it as well.  Well we swapped out some cables and it went away.  But I did start to notice it more during the set.  To make a long story short I don't know where it came from, but is this possible to remove?  I'm using Cool Edit Pro.  Thanks.
Barrett
Mics: ADK A51 TL's C12s, at853's (card, hyper, sub, and omni caps), Michael Joly Premium Electronics Modded Oktava mk012s (Card, Hyper and Omni caps), Busman BSC1 Stereo Kit, and Oktava 319.
Pres: V3 opti/M-S Modded, BM2p+ UA5, church audio 9100, 3 wire BB
Recorders:  Busman Mod Tascam DR-680, ACM HD-P2, HD-P2, MT2 x2, D50, M10, JB3 x2, M1, D8

Offline Chuck

• Trade Count: (42)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • time between the notes...
    • My recordings on the LMA
Re: BUZZ!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2006, 08:50:33 PM »
If you are patient almost anything is possible if you have the right tools. If the buzz isn't broadband it may be easier to remove. I have the WAVES 10 band para-graphic EQ. I think it sounds pretty good for digital processing.
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.

Microphones: AKG C 480 B comb-ULS/ CK 61/ CK 63, Sennheiser MKE 2 elements,  Audix M1290-o, Micro capsule active cables w/ Naiant PFA's, Naiant MSH-1O, Naiant AKG Active cables, Church CA-11 (cardioid), (1) Nady SCM-1000 (mod)
Pre-amps: Naiant littlebox, Naiant littlekit v2.0, BM2p+ Edirol UA-5, Church STC-9000
Recorders: Sound Devices MixPre-6, iRiver iHP-120 (Rockboxed & RTC mod)

Recordings on the LMA: http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/ChuckM
Recording website & blog: http://www.timebetweenthenotes.com

Offline anodyne33

• You'll have that
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • All my life there's been the magnets.
    • Lucky
Re: BUZZ!!!
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2006, 02:12:51 AM »
it's most likely 60 or 120hz. hop on it with a sweepable parametric with a really narrow q.
Pockets full of nickels and nothing left to eat, and I'm stuck behind a semi on Soniat Street.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.1 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com