Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Poll

Which source do you prefer?

I prefer A and think it is the AERCO
I prefer A and think it is the V3
I prefer B and think it is the AERCO
I prefer B and think it is the V3
No preference for either
Just show me

Author Topic: [comp] V3 vs. AERCO > 722  (Read 5834 times)

Offline thegreatgumbino

• Team Texas
  • Trade Count: (8)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Retired Taper
Re: [comp] V3 vs. AERCO > 722
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2007, 07:35:54 PM »
Great comp!  Finally got around to listening to this and really enjoyed the sound of both rigs.  Although, my ears preferred the upfront sound, deeper bass, and the sound stage of the Aerco track, but at the same time I enjoyed the laid back sound of the V3.
It’s not what you look like when you’re doin’ what you’re doin’, it’s what your doin’ when you’re doin’ what you look like your doin’…express yourself. - Charles Wright

My recordings on the Archive

Offline Myco

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: [comp] V3 vs. AERCO > 722
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2007, 09:01:54 AM »
I recorded Gov't Mule this past weekend at Mtn Jam. On Friday I used a MG200>V3>ACM HD-P2 config, on Sat. I used a MG200>Aerco MP-2>ACM HD-P2 config. Listening to both shows I definitely see the difference between the V3 vs. the Aerco. The V3 has more defined highs, but the Aerco gives much better bass response. You can really feel the thump of the bass drum and the bass with the Aerco recorded show. Overall I like what both pre's bring to the table, but I just got the Aerco new last Thurs. so I'm biased towards using it more over the course of the summer. Once I go indoors for the season maybe I'll use the V3 more depending on what I'm recording. The Aerco is definitely a "rock show" type of pre, the V3 would be great for quieter type music IMHO. This is just a preliminary opinion though because I've only used the two together during one weekend for the present.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 02:28:29 PM by Myco »
Microtech Gefell M200: M20/M21/M27 caps> Bumblebee MiAGi-II/Darktrain silver cable's/"Chuck" Belden cables> Aerco MP-2 or Busman modded DR-680 pre-amps> Darktrain cables & interconnects> Tascam DR-680 (Busman mod)
AT853's(card's/hyper's)>AT8533x>Aerco MP-2>Sony M10

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.042 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com