Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: removing a track split  (Read 2679 times)

Offline jbell

• TDS
  • Trade Count: (149)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Spreadicated
removing a track split
« on: August 01, 2011, 03:32:27 PM »
I recently tracked out a show and added an extra track by mistake.  They show has already been completely tracked, edity and turned into Flac files.  My question is what is the easiest way to remove the extra track mark??  I am using Wavelab6 for editing.  Thanks for any help.
Mics: DPA ST4011ER & 4018ER | Neumann kk 184 (matched)> Nbob/PFA
Preamps: DPA MMA 6000 | Audioroot Femto
Recorders: Sound Devices Mixpre-10 II | Sony PCM A10

-20        -12         -6        TDS   (32/48)     
]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]][}   
]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]][} 
|Record|  Runtime: 4:19.99  {|||] 75%

Offline rowjimmytour

• Trade Count: (3)
    • My LMA bookmarks
Re: removing a track split
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 06:15:17 PM »
maybe not the easiest but renumber after mistake track file, delete mistake track and make new fingerprint and md5 file if you use them.
http://www.archive.org/bookmarNo
And the trees are all kept equal
By hatchet, axe and saw

Offline dnsacks

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 07:28:43 PM »
Addawav (google it) enables you to merge two (or more) wave files into one -- so you could simply convert the files you inadvertently split to wav, combine the two wav files using addawav and then re-flac.

Offline Fried Chicken Boy

• Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2011, 03:26:59 PM »
Addawav (google it) enables you to merge two (or more) wave files into one -- so you could simply convert the files you inadvertently split to wav, combine the two wav files using addawav and then re-flac.

Yup.  Basically, any decent audio editing program (Audacity [FREE program], Audition, Soundforge, etc) will let you seamlessly append two or more WAV tracks together.

Offline twatts (pants are so over-rated...)

• <://PHiSH//><
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Lego made a Mini-Fig of me!
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2011, 03:54:59 PM »
Some thoughts...  I use CDWave to do my tracking...

I save the CUE Sheets when I do it so I can easily fix any track marks, etc.  I started doing this when I had a bad track in a Seed once that I wasn't able to fix it perfectly...  But now, by using a CUE Sheet, I get the same exact tracks if I need to re-do it in the future... 

Greenone can attest to how useful this is - he accidentally deleted something off a HDD I mailed him losing some of my 16/44 tracked WAV files, but he was able to re-create them using the Master 44k WAV and the accompanying CUE Sheet.

If you had saved a CUE Sheet, it would be easy to reload the entire set into CDWave (or whatever) giving you the same exact tracks.  Remove the offending track marker and save you files...

For what you need now, you can use SHNTOOLs to "join" the two WAV files back into a single WAV file.  Rename it, and all the files that follow and re-do your FFP/MD5s...  That's how I do it, but there are a million ways to do this perfectly...

Terry

« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 03:57:04 PM by twatts and not wearing pants »
***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Sony PCM R500 > SPDIF > Tascam HD-P2
Nakamichi DR-3 > (Oade Advanced Concert Mod) Tascam HD-P2
Sony MDS-JE510 > Hosa ODL-276 > Tascam HD-P2

Offline ashevillain

• Trade Count: (25)
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2011, 05:42:05 PM »
For what you need now, you can use SHNTOOLs to "join" the two WAV files back into a single WAV file. 

Just wanted to note that he has FLAC files and shouldn't need to convert them to WAV to join. SHNTOOL will join 2 FLAC files and output them as 1 FLAC file (only thing I can't figure out is how to specify what compression level it outputs the joined file)

Offline twatts (pants are so over-rated...)

• <://PHiSH//><
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Lego made a Mini-Fig of me!
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2011, 08:21:40 AM »
For what you need now, you can use SHNTOOLs to "join" the two WAV files back into a single WAV file. 

Just wanted to note that he has FLAC files and shouldn't need to convert them to WAV to join. SHNTOOL will join 2 FLAC files and output them as 1 FLAC file (only thing I can't figure out is how to specify what compression level it outputs the joined file)

Ahh...  Good point...  I forgot about that...  I make WAV MD5s, so I would do all my work in WAV...

YMMV...

Terry
***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Sony PCM R500 > SPDIF > Tascam HD-P2
Nakamichi DR-3 > (Oade Advanced Concert Mod) Tascam HD-P2
Sony MDS-JE510 > Hosa ODL-276 > Tascam HD-P2

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.042 seconds with 36 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com