Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Help with new hardware/software  (Read 2818 times)

Offline berger

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Help with new hardware/software
« on: August 28, 2005, 02:38:46 AM »
I just purchased an Audiophile 2496.  It came with Reason Adapted Express, Delta Live v2, and ProSessions.  What I am mainly using the card for is to stream music from my computer into my home stereo.  Now, can I use the Reason Adapted as a sort of high tech EQ?  I can't get any of the software to change anything, including sound levels (loudness).  If anyone would be willing to help me out here a little, I sure would appreciate it.  What I would really like is to use the Reason software, since that seems to be the most sophisticated (or at least look the coolest.)  Thanks in advance.

Berger

Ray76

Re: Help with new hardware/software
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2005, 06:35:41 AM »
I just purchased an Audiophile 2496.  It came with Reason Adapted Express, Delta Live v2, and ProSessions.  What I am mainly using the card for is to stream music from my computer into my home stereo.  Now, can I use the Reason Adapted as a sort of high tech EQ?  I can't get any of the software to change anything, including sound levels (loudness).  If anyone would be willing to help me out here a little, I sure would appreciate it.  What I would really like is to use the Reason software, since that seems to be the most sophisticated (or at least look the coolest.)  Thanks in advance.

Berger

I think most of us use wavelab or audacity or soundforge products. audacity is freeware, and is tried and true for us. cool edit pro is another one that we use. google audacity.

Offline berger

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2005, 09:44:17 AM »
If I am streaming music from something like Puba or Internet Archive, can I use Audacity?  Also, how do I go about changing the levels, like the bass and treble in the software?  This is new territory for me, so I appreciate the help.

Ray76

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2005, 10:09:24 AM »
If I am streaming music from something like Puba or Internet Archive, can I use Audacity?  Also, how do I go about changing the levels, like the bass and treble in the software?  This is new territory for me, so I appreciate the help.

oh..i didnt realize you were using it to alter EQ on a streaming broadcast...I thought you were talking about tape editing.
 winamp and foobar work for that..and there is EQ built in...

Offline berger

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2005, 10:44:48 AM »
I have Foobar, but how do I adjust the main sound level.  I found the EQ, but can't figure out how to just do the main sound???

Ray76

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2005, 10:50:35 AM »
Preferences > Playback. Doubleclicking the volume in the status bar also..

Offline berger

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2005, 11:01:23 AM »
That is where I am all messed up.  I go to the Pref>Playback, and I have Volume Control chosen in my DSP manager, but where do I click to actually adjust the volume?

Ray76

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2005, 11:04:35 AM »
That is where I am all messed up.  I go to the Pref>Playback, and I have Volume Control chosen in my DSP manager, but where do I click to actually adjust the volume?
im flying by the seat of my pants(i dont have foobar anymore)

but I think it is lower right??

Offline berger

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2005, 11:13:22 AM »
Ah-ha!!!  There it is.  Thank you very much. 

Ray76

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2005, 11:14:52 AM »
:phew:

glad I could help man....i think also that the default hotkeys are num + and num - for volume..

i need to get foobar again..it got deleted from my pc by mistake.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.075 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com