Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Not good with power...need help/advice about HD-P2, Apogee Ad1K, & Apogee MMP  (Read 1914 times)

Offline jadedphan

• gear owned:
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • at one with the cosmic rhythms
    • seeded recordings found on: http://bt.etree.org - search jadedphan
OK,

So, I am looking to find out whether the Apogee MMP can handle a 14 volt input.  That way, I could use one battery to power the MMP & Ad1000.  I know the AD1000 really wants a 12 volt, but was recommended to purchase a 14 volt, as once the AD1k gets to about 11.3volts, it basically "browns out," and is DOA.  I was told with a 14 volter, the ad1k can run till the battery is dead.

It's cool if I have to use a standard 9 volt for the MMP, but was wondering if it could handle the 14 volt input.

Also, I have been running my Tascam HD-P2 at 9 volts (using the same battery as the MMP), with success.  I know it prefers the 12 volt power.  Can it run at 14 volts, sharing the AD1k battery?

I just don't have the background with electricity that I need to, and don't want to fry anything.

Thanks for any advice...if you reply to the post, please CC a copy to my email (durhambrian@hotmail.com) or PM me, so I make sure and catch you response.

Much appreciated,m
-Bry
mics: schoeps mk4v, mk41v (matched), mk22 (matched) , mk41 (matched), mk22 (not part of matched pair)/MK8 (mid/side); neumann u89i, neumann km150

preamps: aeta psp3, schoeps vms02ib, vms5u x 2, sonosax sx-m2, sx-m2d2;

recorders: sound devices: mixpre 6ii, mixpre 10ii; sony: d7 & d8, tascam da-30mkii

mic bodies: schoeps cmc1L x 4,  neumann km100

actives/specialty cables: ak2Lsu x 14, aksu2ta3 x 6,  aksu2u x 8, 5m nbobs actives (schoeps version), kcy x 2, k5s (5pin stereo) x 10 @ 5m; custom 5 pin 9’, 16’, 12’ (x2), k5Lsu (x 6), nbobs actives (schoeps), custom km100 actives

Offline twatts (pants are so over-rated...)

• <://PHiSH//><
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Lego made a Mini-Fig of me!
OK,

So, I am looking to find out whether the Apogee MMP can handle a 14 volt input.  That way, I could use one battery to power the MMP & Ad1000.  I know the AD1000 really wants a 12 volt, but was recommended to purchase a 14 volt, as once the AD1k gets to about 11.3volts, it basically "browns out," and is DOA.  I was told with a 14 volter, the ad1k can run till the battery is dead.

It's cool if I have to use a standard 9 volt for the MMP, but was wondering if it could handle the 14 volt input.

Also, I have been running my Tascam HD-P2 at 9 volts (using the same battery as the MMP), with success.  I know it prefers the 12 volt power.  Can it run at 14 volts, sharing the AD1k battery?

I just don't have the background with electricity that I need to, and don't want to fry anything.

Thanks for any advice...if you reply to the post, please CC a copy to my email (durhambrian@hotmail.com) or PM me, so I make sure and catch you response.

Much appreciated,m
-Bry

Mini-MP can handle 6-14vDC:  http://www.apogeedigital.com/pdf/minimp_ds.pdf
HD-P2 can handle 12vDC: http://www.tascam.com/details;9,11,52,19.html
As you say, AD1k wants 14vDC...

I would run 14vDC all the way thru.  Each can handle it, any excess voltage will be put off as heat... 

Terry
***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Sony PCM R500 > SPDIF > Tascam HD-P2
Nakamichi DR-3 > (Oade Advanced Concert Mod) Tascam HD-P2
Sony MDS-JE510 > Hosa ODL-276 > Tascam HD-P2

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.056 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com