Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: mac os x GUI for shntool, shorten, flac  (Read 5507 times)

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
  • Trade Count: (11)
  • Needs to get out more...
mac os x GUI for shntool, shorten, flac
« on: October 08, 2003, 01:47:46 PM »
reposting what i said in another thread, but gave this it's own thread so more people might see it.  let me know what to do, i may as well finish this thing with what you guys say

i wrote an applescript studio app for shntool, flac, shorten (v2.5.1 with seek tables).  it's a graphical program like macflac but with many more options and features (like shntool sector boundary fixes, etc) built in.  it can be found on the "files" section of the laptop-tapers yahoogroups (groups.yahoo.com/group/laptop-tapers)

i never really finished it because i couldn't decide what else to make it do, but it exists and i use it all the time.

it does this:
1. convert to/from shn.  when converting to shn, it appends seek tables (unlike the "carbon shorten" doug hornig did
2. convert to/from flac
3. make md5s or flac fingerprints, depending on if it's shn or flac
4. shntool length and info commands
5. fixes files for sector boundary issues.  the input files are fixed and can be output in
  a. aiff
  b. wav
  c. shn
  d. flac

if you fix and output to shn, it gives the option to create a single md5 or a set of md5s for each disc. so basically, you cut tracks, name files according to whatever it is (band2003-10-08d1t01, etc) and then drop the files onto this app.  choose fix, output to shn, make disc md5s and it'll fix all boundary errors, convert to SHN, and create an md5 for each disc.  all in 1 shot.  i like that

tell me what else to make it do and i'll work on it tonight and this weekend.  i have a plane ride fri and tues to do work on it, but i could do a lot of it tonight while i watch baseball...

Offline Chris K

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Bound to cover just a little more ground
Re:mac os x GUI for shntool, shorten, flac
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2003, 10:11:18 PM »
scott...that xACT is great...

question...what does len mean on the shntool, and when i drag files onto the icon/doc, and process them with the "call shntool" button, a screen comes up...what should i be looking at to see if there are or are not errors...

oh, one more thing...are you taking donations for this software?

thanks
chris k

yeah, i cross posted (again)...   ;)
My gear: JK Labs AKG DVC > M10
              AKG 460 ck61/ck62/ck63 > DR-70D

A live concert to me is exciting because of all the electricity that is generated in the crowd and on stage. It's my favorite part of the business, live concerts.
-Elvis Presley

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.047 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com