Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: microphone setup pictures  (Read 6007 times)

DaryanLenz

• Trade Count: (0)
microphone setup pictures
« on: March 09, 2003, 05:29:03 PM »
The gefell's are a lot bigger than my old mics, and I am thinking about switching to something other than the crap sabra system I have...I broke two more pieces of it last night...jeesh!  Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has any pictures of their set-up for din, ortf and xy for larger mics, ala akg 480, gefell, full size schoeps etc.  Also, what equiptment you use would be most helpful.  

Tony Furtado freebies to a couple as well from last night, five feet from his face, xy!

Daryan

Offline danmorgan

• Taperssection All-Star
Re:microphone setup pictures
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2003, 09:34:51 PM »
Daryan,

I am awaiting the arrival of my Shure vert. bar right now.  I just picked up a used pair of AT4810 shocks.  From the info. I had been given, these can be placed in a variety of stereo configs. much, much easier than the Sabra mounts.  Not to mention the fact that they will be much sturdier as well.

I can't wait to start playing around with this new mount set-up.  I run 480 bodies and I can tell you I had to really fool around with them(Sabra mounts and T-bar) in order to get them to run X-Y or DIN.  It can be done though.  As soon as I can, I will try to snap some pics of the methods I have used to get the mics lined up properly.  

Once I get the new vert. bar, I may be able to send you the adapters I made to get the caps to mount on the same vertical plane.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2003, 09:35:59 PM by danmorgan »

DaryanLenz

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2003, 09:37:18 PM »
Thanks so much.  I can't for the life of me figure out how to run ortf or din with the sabra system.  I screwed around with it for an hour and a half last night before tony furtado went on, and still didn't like the setup I could get.  Thanks man.  Running the loger bodies will be a whole new education for me.

Daryan

Who's got my pictures!

Offline danmorgan

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2003, 09:44:15 PM »
I should be able to post some pics tommorrow.

Offline jlykos

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Don't sweat the technique
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2003, 04:08:17 PM »
I have the Sabra mounts and both the Shure and AKG bars so I can speak to some of this.

ORTF I believe is impossible with the Sabra products and the Shure mount.  Really, I mean that.  DIN takes about 30 solid minutes of trying out different combinations to see what fits correctly.  Basically, you want to have the two screws of the Shure bar out at about a 160* angle and one shock mount pointing straight ahead (like a line) and the other as bent as it possibly gets.  It is really, really hard.  DIN with the AKG bar is not much better.  You have to move one mic way forward to the limits of how much the webbing will support it.  XY with the Sabras and Shure or AKG is no problem at all.

I will be ordering a pair of the AT shock mounts very soon because I am sick of screwing around for 30 minutes before every show trying to set up the Sabra crap.
dpa 4061 > Church Audio 9200 > Sony PCM-D50 (Moon Audio Silver Dragon v3 interconnect)

"I have no views," Mickey Melchiondo, known as Dean Ween, said in a philosophical moment. "I am way too stupid. I have no strong feelings about anything. I'm really into television and the computer. I believe everything I see on TV and read on the Internet."

Offline creekfreak

• Retired from taping
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • My Son's School Bus
    • Rochester Groove
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2003, 05:25:51 PM »
yea, I ran the sambra crap, and I stress the word crap here for about 10 shows last year. Man did it suck setting those up before a show. The AT's are much easier to deal with.
It is company policy never to imply ownership in the event of a dildo - We have to use the indefinite article; "A" dildo, never: "YOUR" dildo.
In Tyler we Trust

And isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, ooh ooh ooh, the sky is the limit!

My Current Rig:2004 Subaru WRX STI, Stage 3, 360hp, 380lb-ft

Tim

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2003, 08:50:44 PM »
I don't think that I have ever heard one good thing about that sabra stuff... it's actually kind of amusing!

DaryanLenz

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2003, 09:05:43 PM »
So what's the consaensus on what to get.  I want something way easier than the sabra crap.  I am going to get it fixed, and sell it immediately.  I have had, lets see, 8 parts break on me in 6 months.  Forgggeddaboutit!  I was thinking I am going to start using the gefell ea20 mounts.  They are only slightly smaller than the actual mics, and are designed so that none of the mic touches.  Visualize a really small sabra mount without the plastic!  Everything is metal!  Now I need a tbar.  I am going to pick up the akg bar for sale on here, but was thinking I might want something a little better for din.  I am gonna start a new thread about setting up in ortf because I have never run it and can't figure it out exactly!

Daryan

Tim

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2003, 09:12:03 PM »
I think the AKG bar is the best bar, it's also the cheaper than the Shure bar.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.064 seconds with 37 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com