Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Edirol R-09 release information  (Read 110748 times)

Offline bassix

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Re: Edirol R-09 release information
« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2006, 05:12:34 PM »
Input Levels....0 thru 30. No dB increments....except on the level meters, of course. ::)

Offline aberg

• Needs to get out more...
  • Team Canada
« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2006, 06:19:24 PM »
Input Levels....0 thru 30. No dB increments....except on the level meters, of course. ::)

It would be great to see some pics of the display and meters in action if you get a chance... thanks a lot for describing this unit..

Offline sullen

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2006, 11:14:10 PM »
On the R1 yahoogroup list (edirolr1), we have someone from Holland who just got an R9 a couple days ago.  His initial impression was very favorable and he too commented that it just "sounded better". 

:realhappy: :realhappy:
don't > care > to > list > gear > in > signature

Offline soundpro

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #48 on: May 29, 2006, 10:59:16 AM »
Hey....back again:

OK.....ran two tests this weekend. The first was with a set of 2500mAH NiMH batteries in the unit. The unit died at 8 hours, 36 minutes and saved the file.....pretty impressive! It was recorded at 64kbps for maximum recording time. Recording to .wav will likely reduce this time.....working on this time test now.

Next, I ran a test with a prototype of our battery pack along with the internal batteries. It almost doubled the time to 16 hours, 41 minutes. It was recorded at 64kbps for maximum recording time. Will try this with .wav later today.

More to come......

Chris Carfagno
The Sound Professionals
www.soundprofessionals.com

Offline aberg

• Team Canada
« Reply #49 on: May 29, 2006, 11:03:28 AM »
Hey....back again:

OK.....ran two tests this weekend. The first was with a set of 2500mAH NiMH batteries in the unit. The unit died at 8 hours, 36 minutes and saved the file.....pretty impressive! It was recorded at 64kbps for maximum recording time. Recording to .wav will likely reduce this time.....working on this time test now.

Next, I ran a test with a prototype of our battery pack along with the internal batteries. It almost doubled the time to 16 hours, 41 minutes. It was recorded at 64kbps for maximum recording time. Will try this with .wav later today.

More to come......

Chris Carfagno
The Sound Professionals

Wow, that is impressive. I think the second this is confirmed to work with 4gb cards, I'm on the team...

Offline Zaphod

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #50 on: May 29, 2006, 11:14:27 AM »
Wow, that is impressive. I think the second this is confirmed to work with 4gb cards, I'm on the team...

I'm with you on this, if the 4G cards are confirmed to work then I've found my next recorder. I think Audix 1290>MP2>Edirol R-09 @ 24/48 will hold me over for at least a little while  :P
we are the people the rescuers will never find

Offline Rick

• Trade Count: (1)
    • My Recordings
« Reply #51 on: May 29, 2006, 11:34:59 AM »
Hey....back again:

More to come......

Chris Carfagno
The Sound Professionals

Me too! 4GB cards aren't that expensive either.
Retired Taper

Offline Myran

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #52 on: May 29, 2006, 11:38:28 AM »
Hey....back again:

More to come......

Chris Carfagno
The Sound Professionals

I think we are many that will get this recorder if it would work with some 4GB cards, let's hope someone do make a test soon.
And i hope they test with Transcend Secure Digital 4GB card cause that is the only one i can find for fast delivery in sweden. :)

Offline sullen

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #53 on: May 29, 2006, 01:26:31 PM »
The R1 didn't support 4gb at first, right?
or is my memory failing me?

Offline Zaphod

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #54 on: May 29, 2006, 02:01:40 PM »

Well I think the manual stated it would only work with 2G cards, but that was proved wrong once they got in the field, please correct me if I'm mistaken.

Offline oleg

• Taperssection Member
  • I'm a proud Jew
    • you can find me here
« Reply #55 on: May 29, 2006, 03:54:50 PM »

Well I think the manual stated it would only work with 2G cards, but that was proved wrong once they got in the field, please correct me if I'm mistaken.

http://www.meritline.com/pqi-4gb-hispeed-150x-secure-digital-sd-card.html
would that one  work with the r-09?
i dont care about 2 gb split

oleg kaizerman(gebe)hollyland
kaizeroaudio-rentals -sound for film/tv sales

schoepses, gefells, sankens, sennheisers....all kind of shit ....ends with deva 16  fusion ,zfr,788, 744, hhb
http://groups.google.com/group/sellbuyexchange-film-videoaudiogear

Offline Zaphod

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #56 on: May 29, 2006, 04:33:16 PM »

http://www.meritline.com/pqi-4gb-hispeed-150x-secure-digital-sd-card.html
would that one  work with the r-09?
i dont care about 2 gb split

I have no idea if it would work, you should get it and let us know if it does though!  :P

Offline sullen

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #57 on: May 29, 2006, 04:34:26 PM »

that's what i thought too.

hopefully it will be the same with this unit.

Offline bassix

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #58 on: May 29, 2006, 07:25:12 PM »
Hey Guys, here's some more info on the R-09 after testing the highest sample rate with NiMH batteries...

I followed Rick's eggtimer suggestion so that when I ran out of memory on my 1GB Sandisk card, I quickly deleted the file and started recording again, so the time should be pretty close to continuous recording with a larger card.

This time I recorded at 24bit/48kHz WAV and my NiMH Eveready 2500mah batteries lasted approx. 6 hours and 5 minutes!!! (58 minute files x 6, plus 17 minutes in the last file)

Very good battery time, in my opinion! And much more than the quoted 4 hour record time with alkaline batteries from the specifications. I have yet to test alkalines at this bitrate and sample rate, but I'll get to it soon!

Offline George

• May the schwartz be with you!
  • Trade Count: (7)
  • Unofficial TS thread killer
« Reply #59 on: May 29, 2006, 08:07:55 PM »
Nice, keep bringing on the info guys!
SP-CMC-4s (C, H, SC terminated to mini xlr)>Tinybox>Sony M10/Tascam DR-2d
Countryman B3 (Omni, mini xlr)>Tinybox>Sony M10/Tascam DR-2d
Audix 1200 series cable from Chris Church, pair of Audix M1280 card capsules

Listening: Oppo 980HD>Yamaha RXV667>Rega R1's + Rega RS VOX + Rega R5S's

"Every time I see a group of teenagers gathered around an iphone laughing at some youtube video, I walk up to them, slap the iphone out of their hand, get right up to them nose to nose, and scream at the top of my lungs:

TAKE A LOOK

IT'S IN A BOOK

READING FUCKING RAINBOW."

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.141 seconds with 44 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com