Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: ISO- someone to help fix left channel drop outs  (Read 1713 times)

Offline OldNeumanntapr

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
ISO- someone to help fix left channel drop outs
« on: November 27, 2012, 10:09:06 PM »
Greetings all,

Recently I transferred one of my DAT masters to CD and instantly remembered why I didn't remember ever listening to the show.
I recorded (stealthed, SHUSHHHH!) ;) Peter Green & The Splinter Group at the Ventura Theatre in 2000. I was up front, in the first tier, about 18 ft from stage center and the crowd was reasonably quiet. Neumann AK-40's (x/y)->LC3 Actives->KM-100's->Beyer MV-100->SBM-1->TCD-D7.

This would have been an awesome show, except that the left-channel XLR jack on the MV-100 had a bad internal connection. I have since had the unit repaired and re-soldered.
There are three or four places in the first half of the show where the left channel completely drops out, for a minute or two at a time.

I don't have the computer programs or the skill to attempt to fix this myself. I'm guessing that the other channel can be cloned to 'patch' those bad spots. Could anyone help me with this? The DAT master has been transferred to CD via: Tascam DA-P1->coax->HHb CDR 800 Pro.

I've seen Peter Green twice, at the Ventura Theatre. The first time ('98) I used small mics, but the Neumanns sound so much sweeter. Hoping someone can lend a hand.

Marshall7

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: ISO- someone to help fix left channel drop outs
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 03:59:29 PM »
That's a pretty simple fix.  If you want to send the file to me via www.wetransfer.net I'll do it.  My e-mail is dorrcoq@shaw.ca

Dennis

Offline ScoobieKW

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • ScoobieSnax Audio Archive
Re: ISO- someone to help fix left channel drop outs
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 08:39:21 PM »
Teach a Man to Fish - School of Thought
Audacity will do the job on the software end, and it's free.

1. Split Stereo Tracks.  Left side of the tracks window is a down arrow (next to file name) click it and choose Split Stereo Tracks

2. Find spot that needs fixixng
3. Go to the good track that'll be your source and select an area a bit bigger than the gap.
4. Control-C copy
5.Ctrl-Shift-N create a new track
6. Ctrl-V paste
7 add fades to tracks to mix using Envelope Tool.
http://multimedia.journalism.berkeley.edu/tutorials/audacity/envelope-tool/
8 File - Export

Busman BSC1, AT853 (O,C),KAM i2 Chuck Mod (C), Nak 300 (C),
M10, UA-5, US-1800, Presonus Firepod

http://kennedy-williams.net/scoobiesnax/

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.045 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com