Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: xACT 2.0  (Read 29695 times)

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
  • Trade Count: (11)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: xACT 2.0
« Reply #75 on: June 18, 2018, 03:10:44 PM »
You basically want an rsync wrapper to choose a file or files to read and a location to copy to?
Yes, please!

"rsync" would probably be it's own new tab, and have radio button check box options for the user to control a few of the key flags? (recursion, delete original, etc)

The main thing I'd be looking for is some sort of verification feature, but the rsync manual page seems to indicate that rsync does what I would want as a matter of course!
"rsync always verifies that each transferred file was correctly reconstructed on the receiving side by checking a whole-file checksum that is generated as the file is transferred"

I guess it would be cool to spit out the stats in a new window, in case the user wanted to copy them down or save them.

xACT is already indispensible, but this would be a very handy feature for me. Thanks!!

Ok, I'll look into how much work it would be.

I have a *lot* less time to work on it these days, and often when I do get some time, I'd rather relax and do nothing. That's what 4 kids does I guess.

But I should get some time in a few weeks when I'm home alone for a week to try to fix some old stuff and put some new stuff in. I may even go tape a show then!

Offline morst

• I think I found an error on the internet; #UnionStrong
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #76 on: June 18, 2018, 11:29:42 PM »
I may even go tape a show then!
Oh, I can make random requests all day. I would MUCH rather you went and taped a show and had some relaxing fun and let me copy my own dang files! I can tweeze rsync if I really don't trust Mac OS to copy some files!?

So, speaking of random requests, how weird would it be to have a preference option to allow the user to choose upper or lower case file extensions?

PS thanks for v2.45, with the staying in the background thing! That's a nice help.
https://toad.social/@morst spoutible.com/morst post.news/@acffhmorst

Offline Sebastian

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #77 on: June 26, 2018, 04:39:03 PM »
One thing that always annoys me a bit is that when tagging, xAct can't remember the "previous tags" between program restarts. Every time I start the program, I have to re-enter everything. Scott, can't you make it persist the last tag?
Other than that, I love xAct!

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
  • Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #78 on: July 06, 2018, 08:58:51 AM »
So, speaking of random requests, how weird would it be to have a preference option to allow the user to choose upper or lower case file extensions?

you want to globally choose to output lower or upper? That sounds easy. Do people really want upper case extensions?

One thing that always annoys me a bit is that when tagging, xAct can't remember the "previous tags" between program restarts. Every time I start the program, I have to re-enter everything. Scott, can't you make it persist the last tag?
Other than that, I love xAct!

I can look into that.

Offline morst

• I think I found an error on the internet; #UnionStrong
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #79 on: July 06, 2018, 09:50:45 AM »

you want to globally choose to output lower or upper? That sounds easy. Do people really want upper case extensions?
I do. My recorders use upper case and it never occurred to me to use lower!?
https://toad.social/@morst spoutible.com/morst post.news/@acffhmorst

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.075 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com