Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Best Hi-MD deck for taping?  (Read 7674 times)

Offline dunebug81

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Best Hi-MD deck for taping?
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2006, 08:11:44 PM »
You can buy the gumstick batteries on ebay any even some best buy/circuit city stores also might carry them.  I picked up an energizer 1300mah one for about $10 last year.  I dont think it lasts quite as long as they sony one that has 50 more mah but its nice to have as a spare and hella smaller then a AA inside the battery holder. 

I have the MZNH10 mostly because its got the OLED (backlit) and its the greatest thing ever. 
Greg
www.enemyzero.com/greg/
aim: dunebug81

Offline pelusa

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2006, 12:02:44 PM »
Now that the Edirol is out for several months for fixing the defective mic input jack, I am using the Sony RH910 for recording nature sounds.  I had originally planned for the sony to be the backup, as I hate learning yet another software program and prefer the CF cards.  But here I am.

Question:  I tried recording last night with the 910, and it takes 13 seconds to write a very short file (10-20 sec) to the minidisc.  Meaning, I can't record anything during that time period which can seem like a lifetime with nature recording.  I am using the 1 Gb Hi MD Sony disc, and recording in PCM mode which is necessary for avian vocalizations, ie no compression. 

Is the 13 second recording time a factor of the PCM recording, the 1 GB card, or do all recordings take that long to record to disc? 

Offline dunebug81

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2006, 01:42:20 PM »
When you hit stop its writes what data is left in memory and then starts writing a table of contents to the disc.  15 seconds or so is about how long it takes.  If you hit the pause button it will not write the toc and you can start recording again instantly by pressing pause.
Greg
www.enemyzero.com/greg/

nameloc01

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2006, 05:09:17 PM »
if you are even thinking about getting a hi-md. get one with a backlit display,if you dont just save your money.and if at all possible get the new sony.i beleive this model will function without automatically going into default automatic level set.the others you have to go into the menu every disc swap and reset the auto/manual mode.this can be a problem when time is a factor.i have a mz-m100(and an rh910) and i am already thinking of upgrading to the new model for that feature alone!!

Offline dunebug81

« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2006, 07:32:21 PM »
if you are even thinking about getting a hi-md. get one with a backlit display,if you dont just save your money.and if at all possible get the new sony.i beleive this model will function without automatically going into default automatic level set.the others you have to go into the menu every disc swap and reset the auto/manual mode.this can be a problem when time is a factor.i have a mz-m100(and an rh910) and i am already thinking of upgrading to the new model for that feature alone!!

Yep, what he said :)

I have the RH1 and being able to hit record and let it go is a fantastic feature.  The uploading of legacy mds doesnt hurt at all either.  If you sign up for the minidisco.com mailing list they will give you a 5% off your order code which is about $20 off the RH1 unit.
Greg
www.enemyzero.com/greg/

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.048 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com