Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Torrent Help - Computer won't recognize incoming Connections when Seeding  (Read 2093 times)

Offline terrapinj

• Jonesin' for Tunes
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
Started seeding last night and it wouldn't show any incoming connections even though the etree stats showed there were ac ouple leechers. After about 30 minutes I switched to Super-seed mode and it started recognizing all the other peers. Problem is that about 10 people are now held off at 99.82% and have been that way for a while. I've tried switching back to just seeding and it immediately drops all peers and shows no others are on the torrent at all.  ???

Am I doing something wrong? I'm behind the XP firewall but i have all the ports opened and it shows a Green light in uTorrent when i am super-seeding but a yellow light when seeding. No router, just connected directly to the cable modem. This is the 1st time i've tried to just seed on this computer. I've downloaded numerous shows and most of them upload as well with no problems.

Thanks for any help.
JW mod AKG 460b (ck61/ck63 or mk46/ck1x/ck3x)>  EAA PSP-2 > 722

Segue Dogstar XLRs and Interconnects

ISO: (2) ck2x

Offline Fatah Ruark (aka MIKE B)

• Trade Count: (11)
  • I dream in beige.
    • sloppy.art.ink
I was having some problems with my ports recently with uTorrent. I read this(which helped a lot):

http://www.portforward.com/english/applications/port_forwarding/Utor/Utorindex.htm

In my case my router was also about to die. I'd have everything set up perfectly (according to the above link) but I still didn't have my ports forwarded. When I connected my computer directly to the cable modem the problem went away (so I knew the problem was with my router rather than the crappy XP firewall). I just got a new router (since the old one finally died), and all is well. I ended up getting the Linksys WRT54GL, and it's great. There are a lot of 3rd party firmwares for that router. I haven't fiddled with any of them (yet).

Anyway, hopefully that helps you out.

MIKE B
||| MICS:  Beyer CK930 | DPA 4022 | DPA 4080 | Nevaton MCE400 | Sennheiser Ambeo Headset |||
||| PREAMPS: DPA d:vice | Naiant Tinybox | Naiant IPA |||
||| DECKS: Sound Devices MixPre6 | iPod Touch 32GB |||
|||Concert History || LMA Recordings || Live YouTube |||

Offline terrapinj

• Jonesin' for Tunes
I don't think its a port issue - everyone now in my torrent is stuck at 99.82% - WTF  ???

Offline dnsacks

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection All-Star
did you edit/move/change ANY of the files that comprise the torrent after starting the torrent or making the torrent file you uploaded to the torrent site?

If not, is anybody still able to download from your seed on the torrent? 

If not, have you tried simply rebooting and re-starting the torrent? (you restart the torrent by going to the announce page and clicking on the torrent link as if you want to download the torrent and pointing to the directory in which the torrent resides)

Offline terrapinj

• Jonesin' for Tunes
did you edit/move/change ANY of the files that comprise the torrent after starting the torrent or making the torrent file you uploaded to the torrent site?

If not, is anybody still able to download from your seed on the torrent? 

If not, have you tried simply rebooting and re-starting the torrent? (you restart the torrent by going to the announce page and clicking on the torrent link as if you want to download the torrent and pointing to the directory in which the torrent resides)

i had updated the txt file but i did so prior to starting the torrent, but it may have been after the torrent was created!!

do i need to recreate the torrent and reseed it entirely or is there a way to fix it without making everyone start over???

thanks for the help

Offline dnsacks

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection All-Star
if you have the original, unchanged, text file, you could simply a) stop the torrent on your pc, b) replace the changed text file, and then c) restart the torrent.

If you no longer have the unchanged text file, I BELIEVE, you'll need to re-do the entire torrent and direct everybody to save the show to the same directory that they saved the old version to.  Fortunately, everybody who's already downloaded 99.8% of the old torrent would only need to download that portion of the "new" torrent that's different and would thus finish their download in a few minutes.

Offline terrapinj

• Jonesin' for Tunes
awesome - will try to redo it and see what happens - thanks so much for your help!!!

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.058 seconds with 36 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com