Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Anyone ever order from church audio?  (Read 26160 times)

Offline Fatah Ruark (aka MIKE B)

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I dream in beige.
    • sloppy.art.ink
Re: Anyone ever order from church audio?
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2019, 07:31:12 PM »
If urgency is important I would *NEVER* order anything from any of these one man shops.

Some guys just aren't that good at running a business. Some are in over their heads (too much work), and some just have legitimate life issues come up which may delay your product from arriving.

You want it in 2 days? Amazon or B+H is your best route, but obviously it's going to cost you more.

I wish more of these guys would make it more clear that they can't guarantee when the product may arrive due to  bring a one man operation. Set the expectations of the customer low enough that they are sure they can keep them happy. If you think it's going to take a month to make...tell them 2 months. Obviously the downside to this is some people may not make a purchase.

I'm about to sell a ton of vinyl on Discogs and will be making it very clear that I'm just a regular guy with a regular life and may not be able to ship things same day (or maybe even until the weekend). I'm sure I will still get some moron bitching because their record didn't arrive in 3 days, but at least I can point them to something that they should have read in the first place.
||| MICS:  Beyer CK930 | DPA 4022 | DPA 4080 | Nevaton MCE400 | Sennheiser Ambeo Headset |||
||| PREAMPS: DPA d:vice | Naiant Tinybox | Naiant IPA |||
||| DECKS: Sound Devices MixPre6 | iPod Touch 32GB |||
|||Concert History || LMA Recordings || Live YouTube |||

Offline cajuntaper

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2019, 08:27:46 PM »
I want to be clear, I'm not upset about the wait. I know he's a one man show, and a busy dude, that's cool, just keep me apprised of the situation. I wasn't expecting a quick turn around. But don't tell me you're sending them on Monday in June if you're not shipping them until August. Because then I'm looking out for them in the mail, and when they don't show I don't know if it's bc they got lost or stolen or weren't sent. So then I want to know the shipping info so I can track them in case it's the former, and instead of saying "Hey, I didn't get around to it, sorry," I get fed an obvious lie about not having tracking information on return shipments. Now you're just disrespecting me, someone that paid you money for your services. If you didn't get to it, just own it and say so. The dishonesty just shows a complete lack of character and integrity. He builds great gear though, just wish he'd be more forthright in his dealings.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 08:29:29 PM by cajuntaper »

Offline jerryfreak

• No PZ
  • Trade Count: (31)
  • The plural of anecdote is not data
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2019, 09:47:39 PM »
giving up on the 'in stock' battery box i ordered in early july that i was told shipped in early august

i thought 7 weeks out would be time

Unable to post or PM due to arbitrary censorship of people the mod doesn't like. Please email me using the link in my profile if you need to connect

Offline vanark

• TDS
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (29)
  • If you ain't right, you better get right!
    • The Mudboy Grotto - North Mississippi Allstar fan site
Anyone ever order from church audio?
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2019, 06:48:54 AM »
His communication (or lack thereof) has always been his issue. Sorry to see more folks bitten by the issue.
If you have a problem relating to the Live Music Archive (http://www.archive.org/details/etree) please send an e-mail to us admins at LMA(AT)archive(DOT)org or post in the LMA thread here and we'll get on it.

Link to LMA Recordings

Link to Team Dirty South Recordings on the LMA

Mics: Microtech Gefell M21 (with Nbob actives) | Church Audio CA-11 (cards) (with CA UBB)
Pres: babynbox
Recorders: Tascam DR-60D | Tascam DR-40 | Sony PCM-A10 | Edirol R-4

Offline lsd2525

• Trade Count: (18)
  • Eschew obfuscation
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2019, 11:14:07 AM »
 :banging head:
Mics: SKM184's; ADK A51s; AT4041; Superlux S502; CK91 active w/homebrew BB; AT853; Naiant X-X; Nak 300's
Recorders: M10; DR-60D; DR-701D

Offline barrettphisher

• Trade Count: (21)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2019, 12:08:28 PM »
Great gear, I recommend as many have already said, if you need it fast try the yard sale first.
Mics: ADK A51 TL's C12s, at853's (card, hyper, sub, and omni caps), Michael Joly Premium Electronics Modded Oktava mk012s (Card, Hyper and Omni caps), Busman BSC1 Stereo Kit, and Oktava 319.
Pres: V3 opti/M-S Modded, BM2p+ UA5, church audio 9100, 3 wire BB
Recorders:  Busman Mod Tascam DR-680, ACM HD-P2, HD-P2, MT2 x2, D50, M10, JB3 x2, M1, D8

Offline deadphishin420

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2019, 12:21:43 PM »
I just got a message that it sent out last week. Let’s see if that’s the case.
Akg 391 hyper/Akg 430 cardioid/akg c214 Omni/>sound devices mix pre 6

Offline hoppedup

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Sa da tay!
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2019, 02:41:52 PM »
I just got a message that it sent out last week. Let’s see if that’s the case.

AKG SE300B CK91
JB Mod NAK 300 CP1 - CP2

Tascam DR-40, Tascam DR-60D, Tascam DR-22WL, Marantz PMD-706
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G7K

↑↑↓↓←→←→ BA Start

My recordings on bt.etree

My recordings on LMA

Offline seethreepo

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Resist Or Serve
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2019, 03:00:13 PM »
if the pages and pages of his misdeeds are not enough  , read this post.: dont buy from him. If you do you do so at the risk of exceptionally poor customer service leading to a sour taste in one's mouth.
"Never heard anyone say that music was the thing that fucked up their day" 
-Chris Robinson 1996-09-24

real recorder > phone
 external mics > Internal mics
 FOB > Taper Section
 HATS > better than Denied

Offline DavidPuddy

• Taperssection All-Star
  • If it's too loud, turn it down.
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2019, 03:25:37 PM »
Maybe his amp repair business has picked up, but most of these problems could be solved with honest communication about expectations. We all know that one man shop custom gear can take a while to get, just be up front about production time. The misleading "in stock" status needs to be addressed as well.
Mics: mk4v/mk41v/mk22 > CMC1L/Nbobs, 4061, MKE2
Preamps: Mixpre-D, Nbox Platinum ABS
Recorders: Mixpre-6 ii, PCM-A10

Offline live2cd

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
    • Facebook.
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2019, 04:09:38 PM »
Ive had (2) different repair transactions last over a year each. I love his gear, but I highly recommend to have backup mics just in case something goes wrong because the return time is never what you might expect.
DPA 4060 [CS HEB] > CS BB
CA-14 (c) > CA 9200
CA-14 (o) > CA 9200
SP-CMC-8 Cardioids (4.7k mod) > SP-SPSB-11
pri deck: Sony PCM M10 | alt decks: TASCAM DR‑2D & Sony PCM A10

Offline illconditioned

• Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2019, 04:42:26 PM »
Really too bad.
With better service Chris could make a killing here.There are so many cool preamps, mics, cables, etc to be made.
Please DO NOT mail me with tech questions.  I will try to answer in the forums when I get a chance.  Thanks.

Sample recordings at: http://www.soundmann.com.

Offline kliked

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2019, 03:05:23 PM »
Seeing as how timely shipping seems to be an issue would I notice any real world difference using a battery box ordered from sound professionals with CA-14s vs waiting on one of his?  Asking for a total noob...

Offline DavidPuddy

• Taperssection All-Star
  • If it's too loud, turn it down.
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2019, 04:14:08 PM »
Seeing as how timely shipping seems to be an issue would I notice any real world difference using a battery box ordered from sound professionals with CA-14s vs waiting on one of his?  Asking for a total noob...

Nope, power is power. Sound Pros is more expensive but they ship quickly for free (most of the time) and have great service.

Sending you a PM.
Mics: mk4v/mk41v/mk22 > CMC1L/Nbobs, 4061, MKE2
Preamps: Mixpre-D, Nbox Platinum ABS
Recorders: Mixpre-6 ii, PCM-A10

ThePiedPiper

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2019, 07:39:35 PM »

Nope, power is power. Sound Pros is more expensive but they ship quickly for free (most of the time) and have great service.

Sending you a PM.

I find that Sound Pros is a little cheaper, if you live in The States, because of the high cost of Canadian Post. The new series of Sound Pro Battery Boxes are EXTREMELY NICE and the smallest BB you'll find (that I know of).

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.102 seconds with 45 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com