Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: DPA D:Vice: monitoring  (Read 2522 times)

Offline BlindGuyEars

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Taperssection Regular
DPA D:Vice: monitoring
« on: May 21, 2018, 01:39:20 PM »
Hi folks. I have a D:Vice question and thought I should start a new thread for it. The other D:Vice thread is some 16 pages now.

Since upgrading to a newer iPhone, one without a standard headphone jack, I can no longer monitor through headphones when setting levels.
I picked up an adapter that allows for simultaneous 1/8" and lightning connections, bbut when I use it in conjunction with the D:Vice, the D:Vice is no longer recognized by it's app.

What about bluetooth?

Has anybody here been able to run Airpods or cheaper wireless earbuds, along with the D:Vice? Doesn't whichever mic is built into the earbuds override the D:Vice though? 

It's not just about monitoring. I'm blind, so I use the iPhone's screen reader function, known as Voiceover, to navigate the device. In noisy environments, such as concerts, the phone's internal speakers become almost inaudible, so earbuds would be preferable. I need to hear the phone chattering away at me to launch apps etc.

(for the curious who had no idea there phone could do such a thing, go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Voiceover) Warning: turning this on will change the gestures you use to interact with your device.

Offline BlindGuyEars

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: DPA D:Vice: monitoring
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2018, 05:54:16 PM »
Heard from DPA on this. Apparently, iOS always prefers the last accessory connected. so, if you're using say, bluetooth earbuds that contain microphones and you want to also use the D:vice, make sure you connect the D:vice AFTER your other accessories.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.048 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com