Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: BT problems  (Read 2531 times)

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
BT problems
« on: January 06, 2004, 12:33:08 PM »
Alright, so...I've been hosting a bunch of bluegrass on bt.etree.org and STG.  I know for a fact that I'm behind a firewall at work.

Some people can get to my seed behind the firewall just fine, others can't.  Any ideas why some people can do this successfully and some can't?  Could it be that leechers who are also behind a firewall can't get to the seed yet leechers who are not behind a firewall can get to the seed??
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline d swing

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
Re:BT problems
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2004, 01:20:05 PM »
sounds like you got it right, 2 firewalls = no download.  any chance you could open up the necessary ports?  6881-6889 i think...

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2004, 01:24:34 PM »
sounds like you got it right, 2 firewalls = no download.  any chance you could open up the necessary ports?  6881-6889 i think...

Yeah, that's kinda what I figure.  Can't open up the ports here at work...asked and denied.  Said they'd have to call a consultant in to have it done and it would be too expensive.  Oh, please - WTF do we need a consultant for to do this kinda stuff?  (Oh yeah, we "downsized" and got rid of our only competent non-manager IT guy).  No problem, says I, I'll do it myself, okay?.  Denied again.  In the meantime, we have two T1s that are utilized, oh...maybe 10% of capacity.  What a waste of good bandwidth.
Roland R-05

Offline d swing

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2004, 01:52:06 PM »
wow...pretty shitty situation.  what about leechers getting the show from others (not firewalled) who have downloaded from you?  i'd think that once you got the seed out to a few this could roll like any other torrent...

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2004, 01:57:27 PM »
i'd think that once you got the seed out to a few this could roll like any other torrent...

True, except some of these I'm having to seed on STG and folks over there aren't nearly as good about keeping their windows open as BT.  And the seeds are much lower interest than most ETree seeds and so there are rarely more than a couple-few seeders, including myself.  Well, I do what I do and I can't do no more.
Roland R-05

Offline d swing

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2004, 01:59:41 PM »
fair enough, good luck regardless. +T for your efforts.

Offline Sean Gallemore

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2004, 02:36:19 AM »
you got it, firewallers can't "see" other firewallers, and this goes for everything, not just seeds.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.059 seconds with 35 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com