Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: superlux shock mount question  (Read 5287 times)

Offline terrapinj

• Jonesin' for Tunes
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: superlux shock mount question
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2007, 12:45:08 PM »
so where is everyone buying these superlux hm-32's?

i'm getting sick of the AT's i've been using. i don't see the superlux's listed anywhere.
thanks in advance.

i switched from AT8410 to the superlux h-32's and definately prefer them.  lighter and smaller.

i here you. i have one that got loose over time. after having to remove the screw and tighten it a lot i decided to super glue it. it STILL came a little loose. now i think i stripped the screw. time for the cheapo option. i found them on superlux's website but i think it said 16+6 shipping for one.

can't these things be had for less?

looks like superlux raised their prices on the shockmounts - damn wish i woulda grabbed another pair when they were around $5-6 each
JW mod AKG 460b (ck61/ck63 or mk46/ck1x/ck3x)>  EAA PSP-2 > 722

Segue Dogstar XLRs and Interconnects

ISO: (2) ck2x

Offline rowjimmy

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • rowjimmy.com
    • Row Knows
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2007, 10:07:22 AM »
Mine were literally falling apart in my hands the other night...
I'm thinking the durability of a metal shock sounds like a good idea.

hyperbole aside, how much to the SSM1's actually weigh?
Bandcamp | Host of The Brokedown Podcast
mic > wires > recorder

Offline blindcan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2007, 11:25:53 PM »
hyperbole aside, how much to the SSM1's actually weigh?

On my kitchen scale they weigh in at 9 oz. each, or over 1 lb per pair! Compare that to the Superlux which was about 2 oz. They are exactly the same size. Seems like someone could come up with a happy medium of durability and weight.

btw, I went ahead and got the Interfit COR 751 stand, which seems sturdy enough to carry the SSM1s. I haven't used them in the field yet, but set up in my living room it worked fine. The risers are a bit thicker than on the Smith-Victor Raven 8, and the stand does reach nearly 8.5 feet. The Adorama website says it weighs 3.6 lbs, but it actually weighs just 3lbs. It's folded length is 31" although the manufacturers website says 30". It is also air-cushioned. Also contrary to the Adorama site, it does not have a 5/8 threaded stud, but a standard 5/8 mounting stud and a 1/4-20 threaded camera mount on top. You'll need the 5/8 stud to 3/8 thread adapter and 3/8 to 5/8 threaded adapter to mount standard stereo mic bars. It's a little pricier than some of the other stands at $65, but it seems like a great all-round stand.

Offline Carrera2

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2007, 01:10:46 AM »

Also contrary to the Adorama site, it does not have a 5/8 threaded stud, but a standard 5/8 mounting stud and a 1/4-20 threaded camera mount on top. You'll need the 5/8 stud to 3/8 thread adapter and 3/8 to 5/8 threaded adapter to mount standard stereo mic bars. It's a little pricier than some of the other stands at $65, but it seems like a great all-round stand.

Dear Alan,

The thread on the COR750 is 1/4".  You can find any pictures you need on our website:  www.interfitphotographicusa.com

The COR753 can change from 1/4" to 3/8" if that will help.

Sincerely,
Tambrei White
Interfit Customer Service

=================

There is no website at the above URL.  Try www.interfitphotographic.com .

I'm not sure what she meant by "can change".  Is there an adapter included?  Maybe it can be ordered with 3/8 threads instead?

Does the 5/8 > 3/8 adapter fit well and sturdy on the stud?  I have a jumbo amvona that doesn't mesh well with the dimensions of the adapter; gonna have to chop off the stud to make it fit well.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.081 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com