Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: B9Audio microphone discussion  (Read 63961 times)

Offline b9audio

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Regular
    • B9audio

Offline lmgbtapes

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: B9Audio microphone discussion
« Reply #91 on: January 03, 2019, 02:40:42 PM »
https://soundcloud.com/ed-eroh/the-underwater-sounds-ardmore-music-hall-12-29-18-b9-hypers

Is this also the CM150F? I don't see any "hypers" on the b9 site-- assuming hyper is synonymous with super, here.

Thx for the sample btw. Has me strongly considering a pair. What mic arrangement did you use for this one?

Offline noahbickart

• phishrabbi
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (33)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • So now I wander over grounds of light...
Recording:
Capsules: Schoeps mk41v (x2), mk22 (x2), mk3 (x2), mk21 & mk8
Cables: 2x nbob KCY, 1 pair nbob actives, GAKables 10' & 20' 6-channel snakes, Darktrain 2 & 4 channel KCY and mini xlr extensions:
Preamps:    Schoeps VMS 02iub, Naiant IPA, Sound Devices Mixpre6 I
Recorders: Sound Devices Mixpre6 I, Sony PCM m10

Home Playback: Mac Mini> Mytek Brooklyn+> McIntosh MC162> Eminent Tech LFT-16; Musical Fidelity xCan v2> Hifiman HE-4XX / Beyerdynamic DT880

Office Playback: iMac> Grace m903> AKG k701 / Hifiman HE-400

Offline lmgbtapes

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #93 on: January 03, 2019, 04:14:31 PM »
https://soundcloud.com/ed-eroh/the-underwater-sounds-ardmore-music-hall-12-29-18-b9-hypers

Is this also the CM150F? I don't see any "hypers" on the b9 site-- assuming hyper is synonymous with super, here.

Thx for the sample btw. Has me strongly considering a pair. What mic arrangement did you use for this one?

Listening more, there's a very distinct high pitch ringing audible @ 28:40 - do you remember if this was in the room or do you think it's the mics?

Offline ero3030

• Trade Count: (59)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #94 on: January 03, 2019, 04:50:25 PM »

Listening more, there's a very distinct high pitch ringing audible @ 28:40 - do you remember if this was in the room or do you think it's the mics?

I checked,  couldn't hear it.  Let me know if anyone else can hear it. Thax
needin some fishhead music!

" known for f**king up a good weekend on a Thursday nite "

Offline heathen

• Trade Count: (23)
« Reply #95 on: January 03, 2019, 04:52:19 PM »
Is this recorded by pointing the mic at the PA speakers?

Many, though certainly not all, people on this forum are recording concerts from the audience area of a concert.  Often those concerts use a large PA system, so we're trying to pick up the sound coming from the PA.  This is generally done with the approval of the artist, though that generally doesn't include the ability to set up microphones anywhere in the venue.  So, we're usually trying to make a recording in suboptimal conditions and with equipment that wasn't designed having such a purpose in mind.
Mics: AT4050ST | AT4031 | AT853 (C/SC) | Line Audio CM3 | Sennheiser e614 | Sennheiser MKE2 | DPA 4061 Pre: CA9200 Decks: Zoom F8 | Roland R-05

Offline heathen

« Reply #96 on: January 03, 2019, 04:52:44 PM »

Have you ruled out your playback system as the culprit?
Mics: AT4050ST | AT4031 | AT853 (C/SC) | Line Audio CM3 | Sennheiser e614 | Sennheiser MKE2 | DPA 4061 Pre: CA9200 Decks: Zoom F8 | Roland R-05

Offline lmgbtapes

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #97 on: January 03, 2019, 05:26:02 PM »

Have you ruled out your playback system as the culprit?

Yep- I played it both with my work headset & just holding my iphone up to my ear after seeing this post, and can hear it from both sources- if both of you aren't hearing it, it might be one of those 'higher frequencies that only certain ears can hear' type of things. Note that it doesn't begin at 28:40, I was bouncing around the audio clip and it stuck out at me when I went there to listen to a lower volume song. Try clicking on 8:40, listening for a sec, and then going to 14:00? It's not audible at 8:40, and clearly audible at 14:02, and there's almost no other sound at both these times.

Anyway, I doubt it's the mics, since I would expect it to be consistent at the moments of dead air if it was the mics. Sorry for lil derail, and thx again for the clip. I'm in the market for some supers and am definitely eyeing these a lot :)

Offline heathen

« Reply #98 on: January 03, 2019, 05:33:23 PM »
I didn't say whether I heard it or not, I just wanted to clarify things.

Offline illconditioned

• Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #99 on: January 03, 2019, 07:40:25 PM »
Is this recorded by pointing the mic at the PA speakers?

Many, though certainly not all, people on this forum are recording concerts from the audience area of a concert.  Often those concerts use a large PA system, so we're trying to pick up the sound coming from the PA.  This is generally done with the approval of the artist, though that generally doesn't include the ability to set up microphones anywhere in the venue.  So, we're usually trying to make a recording in suboptimal conditions and with equipment that wasn't designed having such a purpose in mind.
LOL.  Thanks for summarizing this strange hobby.
Please DO NOT mail me with tech questions.  I will try to answer in the forums when I get a chance.  Thanks.

Sample recordings at: http://www.soundmann.com.

Offline kindms

• Trade Count: (6)
    • The Breakfast
« Reply #100 on: January 04, 2019, 06:46:06 PM »
I can hear a high pitched noise at the 28:40 mark. i cant tell if its PA noise or what but there is a definite almost tinnitus like hmmm. i didnt hear it in the early part of the recording. its there and stays audible for a bit.

you can hear as the female singer speaks to the audience in the lead up to the 28:40 mark. I have really shitty ears so i triple checked before posting

i dont hear it in the quiet part before fussing and fighting. So its probably a PA thing but im just guessing
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 06:47:49 PM by kindms »
AKG c426, AKG414 XLS/ST, AKG ck61, ck22, >nBob colettes >PFA > V3, SD MixPre >  TCM-Mod Tascam HDP2, Sony M10
Little Bear tube Pre >Outlaw Audio 2200 Monoblocks > VR-2's

Offline ero3030

• Trade Count: (59)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #101 on: January 27, 2019, 03:31:13 AM »
https://soundcloud.com/ed-eroh/jay-smar-blue-lizard-winery-andreas-pa-01-26-19b5-hypers

here is a diff recording with the b9 hypers.  a single little "practice" amp with crazy loud ladies drinking at a winery!  this is the last of his 3 small sets.  my friend, jay,  is a folk/coal mining song writer ( I live in the heart of hard coal mining )  he is getting ready to retire after 30 plus years playing,  mostly educational sets to school children all over eastern PA.  he plays the fiddle, claw hammer,6 string and also clogs like the old miners used too.    any static u may hear is coming from his end.  ed
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 10:01:01 AM by ero3030 »
needin some fishhead music!

" known for f**king up a good weekend on a Thursday nite "

Offline lmgbtapes

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #102 on: February 03, 2019, 01:48:06 PM »
Anyone with CM150F have an example of a mic clip that fits it? Or pics of a rig with a bar? Keep recording with cards and finding myself wondering what might have been with some hypers.. want to make sure I have the gear to set it up if I pick them up.

Offline OOK

• Trade Count: (17)
  • formerly OtherOneK
« Reply #103 on: February 06, 2019, 09:53:17 PM »
https://soundcloud.com/ed-eroh/jay-smar-blue-lizard-winery-andreas-pa-01-26-19b5-hypers

here is a diff recording with the b9 hypers.  a single little "practice" amp with crazy loud ladies drinking at a winery!  this is the last of his 3 small sets.  my friend, jay,  is a folk/coal mining song writer ( I live in the heart of hard coal mining )  he is getting ready to retire after 30 plus years playing,  mostly educational sets to school children all over eastern PA.  he plays the fiddle, claw hammer,6 string and also clogs like the old miners used too.    any static u may hear is coming from his end.  ed

nice
DPA/HEB 4060's > R09HR
MBHO648/KA100Lk/KA200/KA300/KA500 > SD702

Offline b9audio

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Regular
    • B9audio
« Reply #104 on: February 08, 2019, 08:04:22 AM »
A step forward with Blumlein stereo, I tried this setup with extra center Omni channel. In this way, the stereo sound stage can be altered and even decoded to surround sound.

This is the audio file download link. Comments welcome.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1v2lD3YxJmbhGMDYI1j1ZdnKtlKX6hrpn

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.08 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com