Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: B9Audio microphone discussion  (Read 63965 times)

Offline rodeen

• Trade Count: (34)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Harmonica Man!
Re: B9Audio microphone discussion
« Reply #120 on: March 04, 2019, 05:22:45 PM »
In all honesty I didn't know what part of the microphone you were trying to describe, and I still don't. If you meant the part that contains the circuitry--that's the amplifier. Or maybe you meant the short, narrow part at the back of the amplifier where the cable exits. I guess you could call that the "neck" of the amplifier, but that's not any kind of standardized term.

Anyway, those are just two guesses off the top of my head. (And maybe you meant something else entirely ...)

--best regards

I always feel like such an idiot when talking about Schoeps products.  I honestly thought the "collette" was the mic capsule holder on the capsule side of an active cable.  I think I understand now that the Collette series is a modular microphone product. 

Thanks for the education...

"It's never too late to have a happy childhood!"
[LMA]: http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22odeen%22&sort=-date

Offline yug du nord

• ...til things never seen seem familiar…
  • Trade Count: (56)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • made with natural flavor
« Reply #121 on: March 04, 2019, 05:48:56 PM »
I tend to call the CCM/active part that fits into an SGC clip the "nipple". 
:wink2:
« Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 06:26:20 PM by yug du nord »
.....got a blank space where my mind should be.....

Offline b9audio

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Regular
    • B9audio
« Reply #122 on: March 04, 2019, 07:19:11 PM »
It is only a inter changeable lens camera concept. The same camera body can be fitted with various lenses for various purposes.
Pre stage is the camera body, and lenses equal to the capsules.

Offline noahbickart

• phishrabbi
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (33)
  • So now I wander over grounds of light...
« Reply #123 on: March 04, 2019, 09:36:47 PM »
David is, of course, technically correct.

But, as a linguistic descriptivist, I believe that, in taper parlance, the "colette" means the part of an "active" cable which attaches to the microphone capsule.

People, please: "Colette" is a name used by Schoeps GmbH to identify their CMC microphone series. Among the features of this series is Schoeps' original, patented scheme of "active" accessories (i.e. accessories that contain active circuitry). These accessories can be placed between the capsule and amplifier of a condenser microphone so as to allow unobtrusive placement of the capsule as a lightweight unit separate from the amplifier, or for other purposes such as signal processing (e.g. very sharp, active low-cut filtering).

"Colette" isn't a generic term. There's no such thing as "the colette" of something--even if that something was made by Schoeps.

--best regards
Recording:
Capsules: Schoeps mk41v (x2), mk22 (x2), mk3 (x2), mk21 & mk8
Cables: 2x nbob KCY, 1 pair nbob actives, GAKables 10' & 20' 6-channel snakes, Darktrain 2 & 4 channel KCY and mini xlr extensions:
Preamps:    Schoeps VMS 02iub, Naiant IPA, Sound Devices Mixpre6 I
Recorders: Sound Devices Mixpre6 I, Sony PCM m10

Home Playback: Mac Mini> Mytek Brooklyn+> McIntosh MC162> Eminent Tech LFT-16; Musical Fidelity xCan v2> Hifiman HE-4XX / Beyerdynamic DT880

Office Playback: iMac> Grace m903> AKG k701 / Hifiman HE-400

Offline ArchivalAudio

• Trade Count: (19)
  • Teams Milab | MBHO | TeamVW:2011 Touareg TDI
« Reply #124 on: March 08, 2019, 01:19:20 AM »
 Thanks Noah...

David is, of course, technically correct.

But, as a linguistic descriptivist, I believe that, in taper parlance, the "colette" means the part of an "active" cable which attaches to the microphone capsule.

People, please: "Colette" is a name used by Schoeps GmbH to identify their CMC microphone series. Among the features of this series is Schoeps' original, patented scheme of "active" accessories (i.e. accessories that contain active circuitry). These accessories can be placed between the capsule and amplifier of a condenser microphone so as to allow unobtrusive placement of the capsule as a lightweight unit separate from the amplifier, or for other purposes such as signal processing (e.g. very sharp, active low-cut filtering).

"Colette" isn't a generic term. There's no such thing as "the colette" of something--even if that something was made by Schoeps.

--best regards

as I have been known to be wrong before... that's that I would call the  part that connects the capsule to the active cable, hence why I noted "colette" for lack of a better term.
--Ian
~ Archival Audio ~
Archiving Worthy Music
since 1986 & digitally since 1995

https://www.facebook.com/ArchivalAudio/

Main Mics: Milab VM-44 Links • Milab DC-196's (Matched  Pair)  • MBHO KA500 or KA300 •
PreAmps:  BaybNbox  • Naiant LittleBox • Naiant [Milab VM44] TinyBox • Naiant PIPsqueak
Recorders: MixPre 10T •  Tascam DR-100 mkIII • Sony A-10 • Sony M-10 

macMini 3Ghz i7 16GB Ram 500GB SSD • MOTU UltraLite
Naiant MSH-2's •   TOA K1's • Beyer TG 153c's •  AT 853 (4.7kmod darktrain) • Countryman B3's (1 k mod)  + other assorted mics

Offline ArchivalAudio

• Trade Count: (19)
  • Teams Milab | MBHO | TeamVW:2011 Touareg TDI
« Reply #125 on: March 08, 2019, 01:20:53 AM »
Just wondering if one wanted to order a matched pair of capsules with the "active" style "collettes" to mini (starquad-or similar) cable to  XLR how would one do so and what would be the costing? there appears to be no information  or pricing on the site about any "active type" set ups.  will the pdf brochure etc. and website be updated soon?

Yes, we will update the website and product info soon. Planning to make another brochure on the CMP1C combinations.

Thank you!
~ Archival Audio ~
Archiving Worthy Music
since 1986 & digitally since 1995

https://www.facebook.com/ArchivalAudio/

Main Mics: Milab VM-44 Links • Milab DC-196's (Matched  Pair)  • MBHO KA500 or KA300 •
PreAmps:  BaybNbox  • Naiant LittleBox • Naiant [Milab VM44] TinyBox • Naiant PIPsqueak
Recorders: MixPre 10T •  Tascam DR-100 mkIII • Sony A-10 • Sony M-10 

macMini 3Ghz i7 16GB Ram 500GB SSD • MOTU UltraLite
Naiant MSH-2's •   TOA K1's • Beyer TG 153c's •  AT 853 (4.7kmod darktrain) • Countryman B3's (1 k mod)  + other assorted mics

Offline MakersMarc

• Trade Count: (17)
  • 😈
« Reply #126 on: March 08, 2019, 09:50:58 AM »
https://soundcloud.com/ed-eroh/the-underwater-sounds-ardmore-music-hall-12-29-18-b9-hypers
Is this recorded by pointing the mic at the PA speakers?

Many, though certainly not all, people on this forum are recording concerts from the audience area of a concert.  Often those concerts use a large PA system, so we're trying to pick up the sound coming from the PA.  This is generally done with the approval of the artist, though that generally doesn't include the ability to set up microphones anywhere in the venue.  So, we're usually trying to make a recording in suboptimal conditions and with equipment that wasn't designed having such a purpose in mind.

And a certain weird taper subgroup hides microphones in Samuel Jackson hats up close to avoid said suboptimal conditions.
😈 Mk4v/41v>nbob actives>Baby nbox>Oade warm mod Marantz 620.

Open: 4v/41v>nbobs>Nicky mod Naiant PFA>Oade warm mod 661.

Home: the Stereo Hospital budget refurb rig: Lappie>DragonFly Cobalt/Red with Jitterbug>Nikko NR520/Sansui 221>B&W V202 speakers.

Offline daspyknows

• Complaint Dept.
  • Don't ask, don't tell, don't get get caught
« Reply #127 on: March 08, 2019, 07:04:15 PM »
https://soundcloud.com/ed-eroh/the-underwater-sounds-ardmore-music-hall-12-29-18-b9-hypers
Is this recorded by pointing the mic at the PA speakers?

Many, though certainly not all, people on this forum are recording concerts from the audience area of a concert.  Often those concerts use a large PA system, so we're trying to pick up the sound coming from the PA.  This is generally done with the approval of the artist, though that generally doesn't include the ability to set up microphones anywhere in the venue.  So, we're usually trying to make a recording in suboptimal conditions and with equipment that wasn't designed having such a purpose in mind.

And a certain weird taper subgroup hides microphones in Samuel Jackson hats up close to avoid said suboptimal conditions.

who are you calling weird?   :bigsmile:

Offline noahbickart

• phishrabbi
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (33)
  • So now I wander over grounds of light...
« Reply #128 on: March 09, 2019, 11:05:23 PM »
It’s not our fault!!!

Looks like the film sound people are the ones who began using “collette” to mean, “capsule end of kcX cable”

A jwsound review of the cmr from 2013 read, in part:
“Also, it is a little bit bigger at the connection to the capsule than a Colette, but considering everything in the chain that it eliminates, this is negligible.”

Here’s the thread: https://jwsoundgroup.net/index.php?/topic/17908-schoeps-cmr-use-your-mk-capsule-with-a-lectrosonics-bodypack-transmitter-with-a-single-cable/

--best regards
Recording:
Capsules: Schoeps mk41v (x2), mk22 (x2), mk3 (x2), mk21 & mk8
Cables: 2x nbob KCY, 1 pair nbob actives, GAKables 10' & 20' 6-channel snakes, Darktrain 2 & 4 channel KCY and mini xlr extensions:
Preamps:    Schoeps VMS 02iub, Naiant IPA, Sound Devices Mixpre6 I
Recorders: Sound Devices Mixpre6 I, Sony PCM m10

Home Playback: Mac Mini> Mytek Brooklyn+> McIntosh MC162> Eminent Tech LFT-16; Musical Fidelity xCan v2> Hifiman HE-4XX / Beyerdynamic DT880

Office Playback: iMac> Grace m903> AKG k701 / Hifiman HE-400

Offline ero3030

• Trade Count: (59)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #129 on: March 16, 2019, 02:16:17 PM »
phish tribute band called The Lizards.  i was there for the opening act,  but decided record these guys for a little as the night was young and our ride wasnt ready.  im not a Phish fan, but these guys seemed pretty good.  i was using the B9audio hypers.  ed
https://soundcloud.com/ed-eroh/sets/the-lizards-sherman-theater-stroudsburgpa-3-15-19
needin some fishhead music!

" known for f**king up a good weekend on a Thursday nite "

Offline lmgbtapes

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #130 on: March 16, 2019, 05:21:34 PM »
phish tribute band called The Lizards.  i was there for the opening act,  but decided record these guys for a little as the night was young and our ride wasnt ready.  im not a Phish fan, but these guys seemed pretty good.  i was using the B9audio hypers.  ed
https://soundcloud.com/ed-eroh/sets/the-lizards-sherman-theater-stroudsburgpa-3-15-19

Very nice, thank you for sharing. Mine are on the way- should have some tapes at the end of next month :)

Offline b9audio

• Taperssection Regular
    • B9audio
« Reply #131 on: March 24, 2019, 12:15:38 PM »
New CMP1C, the hard wire pre-stage version is designed for microphone array setup. For those use stereo microphones, a fixed configuration microphone is convenient, but not possible to re-configured as other setup. Here is the solution.
Not only stereo, but also 3 channels, and 4 channels versions.

Offline b9audio

• Taperssection Regular
    • B9audio
« Reply #132 on: March 26, 2019, 04:23:32 AM »
Any one can tell the difference? Front and back of fig-8 capsules.
https://youtu.be/o_r6-1JYAwk

Offline muj

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Certifiable Nevaton Fluffer
« Reply #133 on: March 26, 2019, 05:19:03 AM »
will check! :D

Offline b9audio

• Taperssection Regular
    • B9audio
« Reply #134 on: April 09, 2019, 08:00:13 AM »
Your chance to win a pair of B9audio microphones. Here is the video, there are 8 different setup. The same music repeat 8 times. As soon as you are the first one to provide correct answer, you are the winner the B9audio microphones worth around USD1,300.
https://youtu.be/vT2KO2t0rFo

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.071 seconds with 40 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com