Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Post Matrix help  (Read 2878 times)

cpclark

• Trade Count: (0)
Post Matrix help
« on: December 14, 2003, 10:54:41 PM »
hey guys, im using soundforge 6, im pretty sure there isnt any way to do a post matrix in this program to combine two stereo audio tracks together, but if i can how do i do it, ive searched and searched and cant figure out how to and i assume there just isnt a function in the program to do it.
second, what programs are there available for win xp that will do this for me, being a student, i can get really nice discounts on programs like wavlab, CEP and samplitude, which one of these programs or others like it would give me the ability to do this matrix and be a good program for location recording on my laptop as well, thanks for the info in advance.
-chris

Offline MattD

• Taper Emeritus
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re:Post Matrix help
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2003, 12:25:58 AM »
You can do it in a wavelab montage, Chris. It takes a little getting used to, but I was able to figure it out on my own. Add the tracks, line them up (click and drag), adjust relative levels, render to a new file.

HTH,
-Matt
Out of the game … for now?

Offline chase

• Taperssection Member
    • Etree List
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2003, 05:47:59 AM »
in SF 6.0 goto edit > paste special > mix.  hope that helps.

Offline dklein

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2003, 12:41:13 PM »
My vote goes to the multitrack capability in CEP.  I absolutely love it.  You can change everything on the fly and hear what's going on - amplitude, eq, track positions etc.
KM 184 > V2 > R4
older recording gear: UA-5  / emagic A62 / laptop / JB3 / CSB / AD20 / Sharp MT-90 / Sony MDS-JE510
Playback: Pioneer DV-578 > Lucid DA 9624 >many funny little british boxes > Linn Isobarik PMS

cpclark

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2003, 01:26:29 PM »
in SF 6.0 goto edit > paste special > mix.  hope that helps.

i hightlighted one of the tracks went to paste special and none of the options were highlighted for me to choose?

Offline chase

• Taperssection Member
    • Etree List
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2003, 05:49:44 PM »
ok for example if you were making a sbd/aud matrix.  goto track sbd and copy it, then goto aud track one, highlight all of track 1 aud then goto edit > paste special > mix.  the track that you are pasting to has to be highlighted.

cpclark

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2003, 08:37:23 PM »
ok for example if you were making a sbd/aud matrix.  goto track sbd and copy it, then goto aud track one, highlight all of track 1 aud then goto edit > paste special > mix.  the track that you are pasting to has to be highlighted.

i got it to work, but there is delay in the two tracks with some serious phase problems, now i think im just gonna get some new software either wavlab or CEP that supports multitrack and lets me do ime delay on the fly when mixing files, SF just doesnt have enough options to configure the sound very well and being a student i can get great discounts through acedemic webistes for these programs, so thats what im gonna do, thanks for all the help

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.045 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com