Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Using Vegas 12, seperate audio runs out before video, help needed...  (Read 2547 times)

Offline Ringside

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Hello all,

To go into further detail. I've synched a video up with a separate audio track, however the audio track runs out before the video. There's about 3 mins unaccounted for.

I can't quite work out if I can just select the remaining portion of the video tracks audio to continue playing once the external audio cuts out.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks!

Offline voltronic

• Trade Count: (40)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Using Vegas 12, seperate audio runs out before video, help needed...
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 09:08:23 PM »
I think so.  You would want to unlink the on-camera audio track from the video.  Then create a split on the camera's audio track where the separate audio feed cuts out.  Take that remaining 3 minutes of audio and move it onto your second track with the audio feed.  Then when you mute or delete the camera audio you should get uninterrupted audio from your second track.  It may be a good idea to take the audio from the camera track a few seconds early so that you can crossfade the splice onto your audio track so the transition between different audio feeds isn't so abrupt.
I am hitting my head against the walls, but the walls are giving way.
- Gustav Mahler

Acoustic Recording Techniques
Team Classical
Team Line Audio
Team DPA

Offline Ringside

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Re: Using Vegas 12, seperate audio runs out before video, help needed...
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 08:19:03 AM »
Excellent, thank you! I didn't know you could "unlink" the audio from the video track. I'm still quite new to the software. That's all the info I need.

Thanks again voltronic!

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.053 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com