Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: fyi: EOS-1 on ebay  (Read 5598 times)

jpschust

• Trade Count: (0)
fyi: EOS-1 on ebay
« on: March 04, 2004, 09:14:11 AM »
hey guys, just an fyi for anyone wanted to get into film work, my eos-1 and a basic package to go with it is on ebay.  if someone from ts.com wants to make me a good offer on it, id be happy to pull it.  also if you are from ts.com and you end up winning the auction let me know and i'll cover your shipping.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=15235&item=3801631773

Offline dmonterisi

• Taper Emeritus
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Stomach Full of Regret
Re:fyi: EOS-1 on ebay
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2004, 10:39:32 AM »
going digital?  

jpschust

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2004, 11:22:21 AM »
hahaha nah i got a pair of f100s from work :-)

rabhan

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2004, 04:48:25 PM »
:lol: johnny wont go digital until they are 400MP :lol:

jpschust

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2004, 07:24:38 PM »
i wont go digi till the quality is there.  not 400mp, but till i can enlarge to a doubletruck and it doesn't pixelate

Offline Marshall

• Taperssection Newbie
  • www.mfhdesign.com
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2004, 12:31:31 AM »
You cant do that with film... and technically the 11MP EOS 1Ds or the Kodak 14n are better than 35mm film quality.

jpschust

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2004, 01:30:19 AM »
not true.  film at 11x17 (what a double trick is) is still about 5 mp shy of what it needs to be.  Plus the 1d is built like total and utter shit as is the Kodak.  Take your 1d or your 14n and drop them.  Call me if the camera still works.  Betcha an eos-1 or any of the film series can handle a drop just fine.

11mp is still below book printing quality for doubletrucks.  Look at SI- they shoot with the 1d's and their photos look like crap.  check out the pixelation in a bunch of their shots- most notably the lance issue with the entire team riding near the champ d' lise.  That was shot with a 1d im pretty sure.  tell me how that one looks.

Offline Marshall

• Taperssection Newbie
  • www.mfhdesign.com
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2004, 02:56:29 PM »
why on earth would you be dropping a camera... and are you saying 11x17 inch negative?

and if so have you ever actually shot a that?

jpschust

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2004, 09:46:20 PM »
first off, cameras get dropped all the time.  shit happens.  im not saying 11x17 neg, im saying a shot blown up to 11x17.  no such thing as an 11x17 neg, largest normal negs go up to is medium format.  I'm not a medium format guy, though my good friend did just buy a half frame camera- gonna play with that next month.

jpschust

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2004, 09:52:20 PM »
oh added comment- as per blowing shots up that large- yes i do it all the time.  81 spreads of the book i just finished were doubletrucks (11x17).  That number is assuming the publisher (Herf Jones) gets it right and we dont have to pull anything because of their mistakes.

Offline Marshall

• Taperssection Newbie
  • www.mfhdesign.com
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2004, 12:19:30 AM »
yeah i was lost on the 11x17 comment at first.

and now that i get what your saying i honestly dont know what your talking about with the 11x17 prints, i had a 16x20 made off of a EOD-1Ds and it looked amazing and a 11x17 from a mark 2 and had no problems.

Offline Marshall

• Taperssection Newbie
  • www.mfhdesign.com
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2004, 12:31:36 AM »
also i think its pertinant to point out i wasnt really knocking on film. In the hands of a professional you can get the same caliber of quality out of both standards.

they are very different and therefore require different knowledge and style.

my point was mainly that its silly to say that film is somehow far superior to digital at this point. when the same quality image cna be produced.

also i think you are takign your stand against the whole of the ideal. hence the durability comment, which i understand and agree with. but image quality alone... there inst really an issue of denying digital.

jpschust

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2004, 08:17:51 AM »
yes, there still is.  it may not be as visable to the typical end user, but it is definately visable to the professional eye at bigger sizes.  for me, when 11x17 gets up to par with film then its time to start talking going digital.  then when the price comes down to a somewhat reasonable level then its time to go digital, but at this point for any kind of serious publication work (especially book printing) it just isnt quality or cost effective.

Offline Marshall

• Taperssection Newbie
  • www.mfhdesign.com
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2004, 04:26:56 PM »
funny that you say that. you seem too set to budge... but ah well.

jpschust

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2004, 04:54:22 PM »
this is just one of the issues im absolutely sure of myself on.  only because ive worked in publishing in one form or another since i was 15.  i really know the standards for printing and quality for magazine, newspaper and book.  ive got a number of awards under my belt for my design and layout work as well.  its not stubborn for the sake of being stubborn, its knowledge from work and real life experience

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.107 seconds with 40 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com