Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Possible Card Error???  (Read 2487 times)

Offline BonoBeats

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
    • My Band- Funk Pocket
Possible Card Error???
« on: April 03, 2018, 02:05:42 PM »
Running into an issue when trying to work on the second set from Saturday's Medeski Scofield, Martin & Wood show.

Only the first 36:09 of the file will import in Audacity, Reaper, CD Wave, etc. Anything past that point gives me an error. However, if I click on the file properties, it shows a 1.16GB file, 1:23:39 in length (the full set).

I took some screenshots of various error messages- any idea what the hell is going on, or how to recover the information?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/uDwF4JVGvvaE1hcU2

-Dane

« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 02:14:45 PM by BonoBeats »
Now You See Me Telefunken M60 Masters/ADK Cremona 251>MixPre6
Now You Don't    Naiant XX or MS-TFB-2-MKII>SP-SB10>Roland R05

Offline heathen

• Trade Count: (23)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Possible Card Error???
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2018, 02:10:19 PM »
Just to add to this, in case it's helpful in finding a solution, Bono sent me a copy of the file.  When I imported it into Audacity I didn't get any error message, BUT I also only got that first 36:09 of audio to show up.  When I look at the properties of the file in Windows Explorer, I also see the 1:23:39 run time.
Mics: AT4050ST | AT4031 | AT853 (C/SC) | Line Audio CM3 | Sennheiser e614 | Sennheiser MKE2 | DPA 4061 Pre: CA9200 Decks: Zoom F8 | Roland R-05

Offline BonoBeats

• Taperssection Member
    • My Band- Funk Pocket
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2018, 02:14:17 PM »
Just to add to this, in case it's helpful in finding a solution, Bono sent me a copy of the file.  When I imported it into Audacity I didn't get any error message, BUT I also only got that first 36:09 of audio to show up.  When I look at the properties of the file in Windows Explorer, I also see the 1:23:39 run time.

I think the Audacity error came from when I first tried to import the file. I've since run a chkdsk to attempt to repair the file. Now, it just imports the first 36:09, with no error message. I still do get the error message in CD Wave, however.

-Dane

Offline Fatah Ruark (aka MIKE B)

• Trade Count: (11)
  • I dream in beige.
    • sloppy.art.ink
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2018, 02:19:02 PM »
Can you play the full file from the recorder? If so I'd start with a real time copy and then start working on recovering the original file.
||| MICS:  Beyer CK930 | DPA 4022 | DPA 4080 | Nevaton MCE400 | Sennheiser Ambeo Headset |||
||| PREAMPS: DPA d:vice | Naiant Tinybox | Naiant IPA |||
||| DECKS: Sound Devices MixPre6 | iPod Touch 32GB |||
|||Concert History || LMA Recordings || Live YouTube |||

Offline BonoBeats

• Taperssection Member
    • My Band- Funk Pocket
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2018, 03:35:54 PM »
Can you play the full file from the recorder? If so I'd start with a real time copy and then start working on recovering the original file.

It plays until 36:09. After that I get a message on the MixPre6- "Warning: SD Media is too slow," and it kicks back to the beginning. 

Card is a SanDisc Ultra Plus 32 GB, Class 10, 80mb/s- same model card I've always used. It was reformatted prior to the show.

Offline Fatah Ruark (aka MIKE B)

• Trade Count: (11)
  • I dream in beige.
    • sloppy.art.ink
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2018, 04:38:02 PM »
That's a bummer and doesn't sound good. Sort of strange that it seems to have recorded a full length file. I would think if it was a slow card issue it would have stopped recording and you'd only have a 36 minute file.

I had a similar issue with a card with my M10. I retired the card after it screwed up a second recording. Before your next show I'd format the card and make several test recordings to confirm if it still is reliable.

I would also try to hit up SD via email and ask if they have any advise.
||| MICS:  Beyer CK930 | DPA 4022 | DPA 4080 | Nevaton MCE400 | Sennheiser Ambeo Headset |||
||| PREAMPS: DPA d:vice | Naiant Tinybox | Naiant IPA |||
||| DECKS: Sound Devices MixPre6 | iPod Touch 32GB |||
|||Concert History || LMA Recordings || Live YouTube |||

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.067 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com