Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Audition or Audacity?  (Read 8280 times)

Offline bluegrass_brad

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Old and in the way.
Re: Audition or Audacity?
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2019, 06:49:54 PM »
just wanted to add, and it may have already been touched on, that the Audition version found in the recent CC versions has a tool very similar to the one in Izotope called Sound Removal where you can select a sample (like a clap for instance) and it will go and remove all of them. Works very very well for getting rid of "woooooos" and claps and such. I was stoked to discover they had added that feature.
CK1x, CK2x, CK3x > Hub Industry Cables > Naiant PFA or MK46 > 460B
CK1, CK8, CK63 > 460b

"That was back in a time when society was not quite ready for this music. Anyone remember those days? That's when punk rock was dangerous, right?" - Mike Ness

Offline shadowfax1007

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
    • BNELive
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2019, 07:16:14 PM »
For people using Audition, what do you find your general mixing process to be?
www.bnelive.net

SP-CMC-2 (Cardioid, Sub-Cardioid) > SP-SPSB-10 > Olympus LS-10

Offline spyder9

• Trade Count: (82)
  • "Are you Zman?"
    • My Archived shows
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2019, 07:42:05 AM »
Is the adobe product free, open source, and runs on mac, linux and pc?

Audacity meets those criteria.

Audition 3.0 was givin' away for FREE years ago by Adobe.  This happened when they did the major redesign and moved their products towards Cloud computing.  Many of us here jumped on that giveaway.  fyi

Offline morst

• I think I found an error on the internet; #UnionStrong
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2019, 02:59:00 PM »
Is the adobe product free, open source, and runs on mac, linux and pc?

Audacity meets those criteria.

Audition 3.0 was givin' away for FREE years ago by Adobe.  This happened when they did the major redesign and moved their products towards Cloud computing.  Many of us here jumped on that giveaway.  fyi

Yeah, I got the free photoshop. Was Audition ever free again? Photoshop was not, and the free one was old when they gave it away.
https://toad.social/@morst spoutible.com/morst post.news/@acffhmorst

Offline audBall

• Trade Count: (37)
  • Feel brand new about it
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2019, 04:12:14 PM »
Yeah, I got the free photoshop. Was Audition ever free again? Photoshop was not, and the free one was old when they gave it away.

It was never released again and technically wasn't 'free'.  The link in my post on the previous page has again expired.  The release of all the CS2 products was because Adobe was implementing their CC subscription services and was allowing those who had previously purchased CS2 products to maintain current use of those products since the CS2 activation server was no longer being supported.  However, see the Wayback Machine link below.  Click "Accept", then select your language of choice.  Audition 3.0 is listed amongst many others.

I should point out that Adobe's disclaimer states:

Adobe strongly advises against running unsupported and outdated software. Only customers who legitimately purchased CS2 or Acrobat 7 and need to maintain their current use of these products may use the serial numbers provided during the download.

https://web.archive.org/web/20181205083256/https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs2-product-downloads.html?promoid=19SCDRQK
mg m20.21.23 ■ akg ck61.62.63 »  nbob■naiant »  aercomp2 ■ v2-3 ■ sx-m2d2
dpa 4061 » mma-a.6000
d100 ■ r44ocm ■ f3

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.083 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com