Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Reel to Reel>? For Transfer  (Read 1455 times)

Offline gormenghast

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Taperssection Member
Reel to Reel>? For Transfer
« on: October 24, 2019, 05:02:26 PM »
I have a reel to reel that has some live jazz on it from the 70's.  Listen to side one and it sounds pretty good.  If I was going to transfer this for distribution should I go directly out of the R2R deck into a R05?  I see the levels on both decks and I think I can monitor the incoming sound in the R05.  Or should it go through the Sansui receiver in the picture below.  Here's the reel box and recording info:

Something I found:

"By the time Jazz At Noon was at Marina City, the house trio was Marty Grosz, Bobby Wright and Norm Murphy, one of the greatest trumpet players only a few people remember. Every horn player dreaded soloing after Murph; there was simply nothing left to say."
A lot of people run a race to see who is the fastest. I run to see who has the most guts, who can punish himself into exhausting pace, and then at the end, punish himself even more.

Offline goodcooker

• Trade Count: (43)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • goes to 11
Re: Reel to Reel>? For Transfer
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2019, 02:26:58 PM »

If it was me I would skip going through the receiver and go straight to the recording device.

That's just on general principal that the most direct route from source to recording.

Everything else can be done in software.
Line Audio CM3/OM1 || MBHO KA500 hyper>PFA|| ADK A51 type IV || AKG C522XY
Oade Warm Mod and Presence+ Mod UA5s || Aerco MP2(needs help) || Neve Portico 5012 || Apogee MMP
SD Mixpre6 || Oade Concert Mod DR100mkii

pocket sized - CA11 cards > SP SB10 > Sony PCM A10

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/goodcooker

"Are you the Zman?" - fan at Panic 10-08-10 Kansas City
"I don't know who left this perfectly good inflatable wook doll here, but if I'm blowing her up, I'm keeping her." -  hoppedup

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.042 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com