Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Anyone uses Logic Pro X? What's your workflow?  (Read 1484 times)

Offline Thechase

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Anyone uses Logic Pro X? What's your workflow?
« on: December 12, 2019, 04:44:39 PM »
I just opened Logic for the for the first time last night to give it a chance (have had it for for over a year as part of a bundle).

The first thing I noticed is that it wants to create new projects with 44.1 kHz (I record at 48 kHz).
And then dragging and dropping .wav files shows 3 tracks for each file (Zoom F6 32-bit float).

So I am new to it, looking to see how I can improve things/ settings for myself.

Thanks.

Offline wforwumbo

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: Anyone uses Logic Pro X? What's your workflow?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2020, 02:01:50 PM »
I’m a dedicated logic user, have been since Logic Pro 8.

Firstly, it’ll open in whatever sample rate your system is configured to. It’s not more or less happy at 44.1 vs anything else, it’s just reading from Core Audio what the system/kernel sample rate is. As you noticed, it’ll change to the native sample rate of your files when you drag and drop if you tell it to, or you can configure the top panel to have access to sample rate changes. There are other ways to do this, but they all involve some jumping through hoops with audio/midi setup in Mac OS.

For a polywav like your zoom creates, logic can’t determine which tracks are stereo pairs. So just pan individual tracks hard left/right, and mute pairs as needed. You could also group them, and I believe there’s a way to properly join pairs into stereo tracks, though I’ve never dig into the documentation on how to do so since it’s never impacted my work flow.
North Jersey native, Upstate veteran, proud Texan

2x Schoeps mk2; 2x Schoeps mk21; 2x Schoeps mk4

4x Schoeps cmc5; 4x Schoeps KC5; Nbob KCY; Naiant PFA

EAA PSP-2

Sound Devices Mixpre-6

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.04 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com