Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Microsoft Account Error message  (Read 2656 times)

Offline ts

• Trade Count: (81)
  • Needs to get out more...
Microsoft Account Error message
« on: December 20, 2019, 10:49:24 AM »
So I acquired a Windows 10 machine from a deceased relative and got it cleaned out of thier stuff and setup and tweaked the way I want it. I never did a clean install of Windows 10, just a lot of file deleting and other stuff. Now I Keep getting this Microsoft Account Error message. When I click on it, it takes me to a login screen with an email address linked to an outlook account and asks for a password. How do I get rid of this? I obviously don't know the password and I really don't want to start all over with a clean install. I have this PC setup exactly the way I want it.

Offline buckster

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular

Offline ts

• Trade Count: (81)
Re: Microsoft Account Error message
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2019, 07:27:50 AM »
I found this on the Internets, it seems pretty straightforward. 

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/removing-a-microsoft-account-from-a-windows-10/ff7246e8-aedb-4b84-933f-a15448d8748e

Thanks for the reply. The second part in that link doesn’t work. The remove button is not there. I’ve been hesitant to try the local account first method for fear of getting locked into to more Microsoft BS, but it looks like I might have to try it.

Offline beatkilla

• Trade Count: (70)
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2019, 11:34:56 AM »
I have that same error message but doesn’t prevent me from doing anything I just ignore it.

Offline buckster

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2019, 12:28:52 PM »
I found this on the Internets, it seems pretty straightforward. 

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/removing-a-microsoft-account-from-a-windows-10/ff7246e8-aedb-4b84-933f-a15448d8748e

Thanks for the reply. The second part in that link doesn’t work. The remove button is not there. I’ve been hesitant to try the local account first method for fear of getting locked into to more Microsoft BS, but it looks like I might have to try it.
Yeah, you won't be able to delete the Microsoft Account if it's the only account on the machine.  So you set up a separate account first, then go into that account, and then you'll be able to delete the Microsoft Account.

Offline Gordon

• Trade Count: (22)
    • my list
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2019, 04:53:00 PM »
I’ve been hesitant to try the local account first method for fear of getting locked into to more Microsoft BS, but it looks like I might have to try it.

a local account actually is way better in regards to Microsoft BS!  Once you create a local account you will have to reconfigure settings and remove the bloat that comes with Windows 10.
Microtech Gefell M20 or M21 > Nbob actives > Naiant PFA > Sound Devices MixPre-6 II @ 32/48

https://archive.org/details/fav-gordonlw

https://archive.org/details/teamdirtysouth

Offline kindms

• Trade Count: (6)
    • The Breakfast
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2019, 07:55:18 AM »
they setup the machine using there office365 account so its looking to authenticate against that

just go in to the control panel > administrator tools >Computer Management > Local Users

either create a local account here or set a password on the disabled administrator account and enable it. If the account you have been using is here delete it.

reboot and login with new user account profile. Should clear out any link to o365.

They try to force people to do this during setup as they "hide" the local account options kind of now
AKG c426, AKG414 XLS/ST, AKG ck61, ck22, >nBob colettes >PFA > V3, SD MixPre >  TCM-Mod Tascam HDP2, Sony M10
Little Bear tube Pre >Outlaw Audio 2200 Monoblocks > VR-2's

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.063 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com