Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Who is up for a Marco Benevento project?  (Read 2086 times)

Offline vwmule

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
Who is up for a Marco Benevento project?
« on: May 06, 2020, 07:16:23 PM »
Last October I recorded Marco Benevento at Pearl Street Warehouse, a small club in D.C., and had two pairs of mics at front of stage with band permission to get SBD. House guy couldn't accommodate the feed and attempt to get the SBD post show on USB stick was unsuccessful. But through Marco's sound engineer I obtained the multitrack recording, which a friend very nicely mixed.

I'd love someone to take a crack at mixing all three sources: DPA 4061, DPA 4023 and the multitrack. The catch is you'll have to line up the DPA sources with the multitrack.

Anyone with good mixing chops want to give it a run?

Offline heathen

• Trade Count: (23)
Re: Who is up for a Marco Benevento project?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2020, 08:05:03 PM »
Though there are others on here more qualified, I wouldn't mind taking a stab at this.
Mics: AT4050ST | AT4031 | AT853 (C/SC) | Line Audio CM3 | Sennheiser e614 | Sennheiser MKE2 | DPA 4061 Pre: CA9200 Decks: Zoom F8 | Roland R-05

Offline capnhook

• All your llamas are belong to us....
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2020, 11:05:09 AM »
That same thing happened to me there, way back in September.  Nothing on the USB stick.  I had asked for a patch, but was told he wanted a stick instead.

Sound engineer's name was Michael Srisuwan.

Hasn't he got his problem figured out yet?  :P

Glad you have a workaround.
Proud member of the reality-based community

BSCS-L->JB-mod [NAK CM-300 (CP-3) and/or (CP-1)]->LSD2->CA CAFS-Omni->Sony ECM-907**Apogee MiniMe Rev. C->CA Ugly II->**Edirol OCM R-44->Tascam DR-22WL->Sony TCD-D8

"Don't ever take an all or nothing attitude when it comes to making a difference
and being beautiful and making the world a beautiful place through your actions.
Every little bit is registered.  Every little bit.  So be as beautiful as you can as often as you can"

"It'll never be over, 'till we learn."

"My dream is to get a bus and get the band and just go coast to coast. Just about everything else except music, is anti-musical.  That's it.  Music's the thing." - Jeb Puryear

Offline vwmule

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2020, 11:46:31 AM »
Heathen, I'll upload the files and get it over to you.

Offline heathen

• Trade Count: (23)
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2020, 01:17:56 PM »
Bonobeats and I ran into a similar problem with a soundboard USB stick, but he was able to salvage the file even though it looked like there was zero on it.  I don't remember exactly what he did...hopefully he'll notice this and chime in because it might work for you guys too.
Mics: AT4050ST | AT4031 | AT853 (C/SC) | Line Audio CM3 | Sennheiser e614 | Sennheiser MKE2 | DPA 4061 Pre: CA9200 Decks: Zoom F8 | Roland R-05

Offline capnhook

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2020, 01:24:44 PM »
billydee helped me fix a 0Gb file size on a stick before.  This wasn't the same problem, alas.  Just nothing on the stick from the Warehouse.  Hope he gets it figured out there.
Proud member of the reality-based community

BSCS-L->JB-mod [NAK CM-300 (CP-3) and/or (CP-1)]->LSD2->CA CAFS-Omni->Sony ECM-907**Apogee MiniMe Rev. C->CA Ugly II->**Edirol OCM R-44->Tascam DR-22WL->Sony TCD-D8

"Don't ever take an all or nothing attitude when it comes to making a difference
and being beautiful and making the world a beautiful place through your actions.
Every little bit is registered.  Every little bit.  So be as beautiful as you can as often as you can"

"It'll never be over, 'till we learn."

"My dream is to get a bus and get the band and just go coast to coast. Just about everything else except music, is anti-musical.  That's it.  Music's the thing." - Jeb Puryear

Offline opsopcopolis

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2020, 09:36:46 PM »
Will be curious to hear how this turns out. Thought the multi came out really well

Offline vwmule

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2020, 03:52:04 PM »
Here's the finished mix. Thanks to all involved.

https://archive.org/details/marco2019-10-26

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.055 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com