Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Custom table and custom cartridge.  (Read 2678 times)

Offline raymonda

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Custom table and custom cartridge.
« on: March 16, 2022, 09:46:40 PM »
This is a project that I made for a second system in my home. Later I will discuss the particulars but for now I wanted to get these shots up.

Offline raymonda

• Taperssection All-Star
Re: Custom table and custom cartridge.
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2022, 09:50:28 PM »
Cartridge surgery.

Offline raymonda

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2022, 10:16:27 AM »
I picked up a Denon DL103S that was recently worked on by Joseph Long. Apparently he replaced the cantilever with a tapered tubed and added a Vital Line Contact stylus. After receiving it I then disposed of the plastic body and set it in a carbon fiber body and installed it into my living room system. Last night I spend the better past of the evening enjoying it's lovely sound.

I am very tempted to try it out in my main system and really give it a test run. However, for now it has found a home it my second system.

Offline capnhook

• All your llamas are belong to us....
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • All your llamas are belong to us....
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2022, 06:05:06 PM »
 :clapping: :o dam purty ray, good skills man
Proud member of the reality-based community

BSCS-L->JB-mod [NAK CM-300 (CP-3) and/or (CP-1)]->LSD2->CA CAFS-Omni->Sony ECM-907**Apogee MiniMe Rev. C->CA Ugly II->**Edirol OCM R-44->Tascam DR-22WL->Sony TCD-D8

"Don't ever take an all or nothing attitude when it comes to making a difference
and being beautiful and making the world a beautiful place through your actions.
Every little bit is registered.  Every little bit.  So be as beautiful as you can as often as you can"

"It'll never be over, 'till we learn."

"My dream is to get a bus and get the band and just go coast to coast. Just about everything else except music, is anti-musical.  That's it.  Music's the thing." - Jeb Puryear

Offline raymonda

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2022, 09:19:08 PM »
New feet installed and amazing results! Don’t let anyone tell you that footers don’t matter.
Today I got around to replacing the three rubber footers with my preferred brass spike/carbon fiber combination footer and pads and, man, the difference was not subtle.
Resolution improved immensely. By that I mean, the space between notes and instruments became much more apparent, with music being presented in much more organized manner, with clarity that was not there with the rubber footers.   
BTW, I was able to better set the antiskate, applying less than I normally would have when using my mechanical method. My ear told me that backing off a bit provided better tracking of inner grooves and a cleaner sound.
At this time, this table and cartridge combination is singing like a well voiced song bird. The rest of the evening is going to be very enjoyable!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2022, 09:53:14 PM by raymonda »

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.064 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com