Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: how to share the recordings  (Read 1250 times)

Offline renedebos

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
how to share the recordings
« on: April 22, 2022, 05:39:50 PM »
Slowly but surely transferring my DAT tapes to a disc/drive. All good so far, lot sof work still todo in post processing cleaning up the tapes and adding setlists etc.

At some point I will want to take about 30+ tapes from a local artist/band and share them with them as well as a few of their old local fan base with approval from the band. What are some of the options out there? Should I look at setting up my own website and just put links to these 30 tapes? Youtube is a pain but I guess I could create a video with some simple graphics for each tape? Soundcloud, MixCloud... Any suggestions?

Online vanark

• TDS
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (29)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • If you ain't right, you better get right!
    • The Mudboy Grotto - North Mississippi Allstar fan site
Re: how to share the recordings
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2022, 05:48:08 PM »
Ask them if they want to set up a collection on the Live Music Archive. Easiest way to go for what your want to do.
If you have a problem relating to the Live Music Archive (http://www.archive.org/details/etree) please send an e-mail to us admins at LMA(AT)archive(DOT)org or post in the LMA thread here and we'll get on it.

Link to LMA Recordings

Link to Team Dirty South Recordings on the LMA

Mics: Microtech Gefell M21 (with Nbob actives) | Church Audio CA-11 (cards) (with CA UBB)
Pres: babynbox
Recorders: Tascam DR-60D | Tascam DR-40 | Sony PCM-A10 | Edirol R-4

Offline nulldogmas

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • How I Escaped My Uncertain Fate
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2022, 05:53:42 PM »
Ask them if they want to set up a collection on the Live Music Archive. Easiest way to go for what your want to do.
^^^this

Offline GroundHog420

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • Sonic Archives
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2022, 04:24:26 PM »
I've been doing a similar thing in between projects - digitizing a ton of archival live recordings and getting them to the artists via WeTransfer.
The only reason I'm starting there instead of just posting them publicly is that - especially during the past couple of years - it seems more artists have decided to give more consideration to releasing material through their own official channels, which may actually provide a small means of support for them.
This way, they can vet the recordings, and either sign off on allowing them out into the wild, or select tracks that can be released officially.

The funny thing is, that back in the day, I tried to provide the artists with either safety copies or secondary masters, for pretty much the same reason, and most artists either lost the tapes or decided that live recordings weren't worth doing anything with on an official level. For some, that attitude at least has changed now, thankfully.
Hey man, that common sense shit won't fly around here, we're from Portland, we're edgy & different or something  ???
she kept playing with the balls for around 2 years after i thought i had seen it all from them.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.04 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com