Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Mid-range microphone recommendations.  (Read 6251 times)

Offline SMsound

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: Mid-range microphone recommendations.
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2022, 04:45:53 AM »
Why don't you find out if NoHypeAudio will DHL you some Line Audio mics?  I know your post said that getting mics from Europe is a pain, but they have been amazing about shipping me mics internationally/across an ocean on short notice by DHL in the past. I don't know of anything that will compete with their quality in your price range. Also, they work great for loud shows, as they're on the quiet side (lots of us use them for classical music, but that's another matter).

Another alternative would be to look for some DPA 4061's, which sometimes can be found used for cheap because they are used in quantities at a lot of shows/events.
waves -> bits

Offline voltronic

• Trade Count: (40)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Mid-range microphone recommendations.
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2022, 01:44:35 PM »
Why don't you find out if NoHypeAudio will DHL you some Line Audio mics?  I know your post said that getting mics from Europe is a pain, but they have been amazing about shipping me mics internationally/across an ocean on short notice by DHL in the past. I don't know of anything that will compete with their quality in your price range. Also, they work great for loud shows, as they're on the quiet side (lots of us use them for classical music, but that's another matter).

Another alternative would be to look for some DPA 4061's, which sometimes can be found used for cheap because they are used in quantities at a lot of shows/events.

Speaking as someone who owns both mics...

You can find used 4060/4061 for cheap, but you're really rolling the dice on them unless you buy from a trusted member here.

Line Audio mics are possibly the greatest value in mics going today. You quite literally need to spend 10 times as much to get a significant improvement. The only downside is that it is a one-man shop, and there is currently a wait list. The CM4 would be my first choice for the OP, as long as they are willing to wait.

AT853 or 933 have already been mentioned and are also excellent, and come up for sale here occasionally.
I am hitting my head against the walls, but the walls are giving way.
- Gustav Mahler

Acoustic Recording Techniques
Team Classical
Team Line Audio
Team DPA

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.045 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com