Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Clear bags  (Read 2597 times)

Offline kindms

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • The Breakfast
Clear bags
« on: July 26, 2022, 10:00:21 AM »
So....

Its becoming more and more of an issue getting in to shows it seems. I have noticed that the oddity of security theatre makes it so they dont really care whats in the clear bag provided its clear

Ive seen several instances where they hassle someone with a regular bag, they say what if i put it inside the clear bag and they are like OK.

Anyone have a cool clear bag setup ?

Ive started looking for padded bag inserts that would fit a 12x8x12 stadium bag. ive found a few that are almost the right size but wondering what others might be using. The bags are actually pretty big with the added feature of being able to wipe them down
AKG c426, AKG414 XLS/ST, AKG ck61, ck22, >nBob colettes >PFA > V3, SD MixPre >  TCM-Mod Tascam HDP2, Sony M10
Little Bear tube Pre >Outlaw Audio 2200 Monoblocks > VR-2's

Offline mccordo

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Area Man
Re: Clear bags
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2022, 10:44:33 AM »
I’ve got a clear bag setup that works for a medium size rig (MixPre 6 with 2 sets of actives, SRS mic mount, Anker battery, wind screens, various interconnects and small accessories). I had some spongy foam from the packaging for a battery that fit the bottom of the bag perfectly, so I used it to line the bottom to provide cushioning. I got rid of the thin shoulder strap that came with the bag and use the padded strap from an old camera bag that I don’t use anymore. A carabiner clip lets me attach a nalgene bottle to the strap loops and it’s ready for a show. I’ll post pics when I get home after work.
Mics: AKG ck63 Hypercards, AKG ck61 Cards, 2x nBob Actives (460B bodies unused), Rode NT6/MJE-384K Roadster (Michael Joly modded Cards), Audix M1280 Hypercards, Audix M1290 Cards, AT853 Cards, Church Audio CA-11 Cards, AT MT830R Omnis
Pres: Grace Design Lunatec V2, Edirol UA-5, Church Audio CA-9200, Naiant PIPsqueak
Recorders: SoundDevices MixPre-6, SoundDevices MixPre-3, 2x Tascam DR-100mkII, Sony PCM-M10

Offline daspyknows

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Don't ask, don't tell, don't get get caught
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2022, 02:57:27 PM »
I have 5 different sized clear bags depending what each venue allowed.  It is total theater.   :facepalm:  A Scottevest hoodie with 21 pockets inside a clear bag is my go to method.  In Europe that worked like a charm.

Offline fireonshakedwnstreet

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Taperssection Member
  • David
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2022, 03:51:25 PM »
I have a larger clear bag that is a makeup organizer from Amazon. I use a women's tote organizer to semi organize things. It provides a little padding. Easy to just lay down a foam insert for the bottom. I only use clear bags now regardless of venue policy. Just a little bit less hassle.
Mics: AT 3031; AT 853Rx (c, o); Samson C02; Studio Projects C4 (c, o, h); Nak 300/Tascam PE-125/JVC M510 (cp-1, cp-2, cp-3, JVC M510 superdirectional caps)
Recorders: Tascam DR-680 MkII; Tascam DR-70D
Pres: Edirol UA-5 (Oade PMod & WMod); Marantz PMD661 (OCM); Marantz PMD620 (Oade WMod); Naiant MidBox; Shure FP11 (x2)
https://archive.org/details/@fireonshakedwnstreet

Offline Scooter123

• "I am not an alcoholic. I am a drunk. Drunks don't go to meetings."
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2022, 05:34:52 PM »
I have 5 different sized clear bags depending what each venue allowed.  It is total theater.   :facepalm:  A Scottevest hoodie with 21 pockets inside a clear bag is my go to method.  In Europe that worked like a charm.

Now I need 21 pieces of gear .....
Regards,
Scooter123

mk41 > N Box  > Sony M-10
mk4 > N Box > Sony M-10

Offline crunchy

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Taperssection Member
    • My List
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2022, 09:46:36 AM »
How do they feel about a small gear bag inside a clear bag?

Offline daspyknows

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Don't ask, don't tell, don't get get caught
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2022, 10:26:15 AM »
wrapped in a sweatshirt they likely won't see it.  So, all good. 

Offline rocksuitcase

• Trade Count: (4)
    • RockSuitcase: stage photography
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2022, 11:52:56 AM »
How do they feel about a small gear bag inside a clear bag?
This was kindms' observation. At Bethel, we saw two dudes basically say, OK, I have a clear bag, can I just put "this" inside of it? The "this" was a medium size tapers bag.
Lady said sure. barely looked inside the clear bag, and let him through. (or banded the bag so it COULD be let through) explaining that without the band, any not clear bag larger than a tiny purse would be refused.

as has been mentioned, it is "security theater". I would rather see all bags scanned like MSG does, for all of our safety, ya know.  8)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2022, 08:53:52 AM by rocksuitcase »
music IS love

When you get confused, listen to the music play!

Mics:         AKG460|CK61|CK1|CK3|CK8|Beyer M 201E|DPA 4060 SK
Recorders:Marantz PMD661 OADE Concert mod; Tascam DR680 MKI x2; Sony PCM-M10

Offline jeenash

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2022, 06:28:37 AM »
I have a tote style zippered clear bag. I Lined the bottom with  a piece of plexiglass with rounded edges so something pointy wouldn't cause a catastrophic tear and I lose all my "groceries". The organization sucks though.

Offline GDfan

• Trade Count: (15)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2022, 06:47:18 PM »
https://apecase.com/product/cubeze-pro-43/

I used an APE cubeze in a clear stadium bag that I got from Amazon. worked well.
Neumann SKM184 / AKG 568EB > Sound Devices MixPre3
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/CLaPorte

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.069 seconds with 36 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com