Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Stealth Taping Cable Static  (Read 4280 times)

Offline Niels

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: Stealth Taping Cable Static
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2023, 07:55:44 AM »
Do you guys know anyone who might custom build me a Y cable with threaded male ends that would fit my Senns?
Just a thought; did you remove the locking rings from the Sennheisers?
I have a similar setup with RØDE Lavaliers, and if the locking rings aren’t removed, the connection is extremely fragile. The locking rings should be removed when using a non locking Y cable.

Cheers
N
Roland R-07 -> FEL Communications Clippy EM172 Omnis or pair of RØDE Lavaliers.
iPhone 14 -> Shure MV88 or Sennheiser AMBEO Smart Headset

Offline tobydodds

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2023, 08:37:46 AM »
Do you guys know anyone who might custom build me a Y cable with threaded male ends that would fit my Senns?
I have a similar setup with RØDE Lavaliers, and if the locking rings aren’t removed, the connection is extremely fragile. The locking rings should be removed when using a non locking Y cable.

Cheers
N
I believe this is the cause as well but the locking wheels seem rather permanent.  Taping the cable connects between mics and Y cable are what surely fixed the noise issue.  Thanks!

Offline DavidPuddy

• Trade Count: (18)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • If it's too loud, turn it down.
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2023, 09:34:07 AM »

Cheers
N
I believe this is the cause as well but the locking wheels seem rather permanent.  Taping the cable connects between mics and Y cable are what surely fixed the noise issue.  Thanks!

If you want a permanent solution, you could remove the connectors and solder both mics to a stereo plug.
Mics: mk4v/mk41v/mk22 > CMC1L/Nbobs, 4061, MKE2
Preamps: Mixpre-D, Nbox Platinum ABS
Recorders: Mixpre-6 ii, PCM-A10

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.053 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com