Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Sony M10 random menu  (Read 1976 times)

Offline miller

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Sony M10 random menu
« on: April 18, 2023, 01:28:59 AM »

If I use the Fr/down button, or sometimes when just turning it on, the screen flickers between various menus. It randomly increases/decreases volume and runs through menu pages. Knobs don't react.

Anyone knows something about this or if this is fixable?

thanks

Offline commongrounder

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: Sony M10 random menu
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2023, 09:19:21 PM »
You might try exercising all of the slide switches on the back edges of the recorder. I had some strange menu behavior with one of my m10s, and it turned out to be a dirty contact on the pitch control switch. Moving it back and forth a few times cleared up the problem. Hope it’s something simple like that.

Offline eman

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Return of the Shredi
Re: Sony M10 random menu
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2023, 12:43:57 PM »
I spilled a beer on mine and things really went south. The main control chip is right under the buttons, with zero protection from the elements. Any and all attempts to clean did very little, and years later I still have to stab at the buttons for quite a while to get it to work, so I only use it if nothing else is available. A general contact cleaner bath may help things.
Theologically speaking, the two parties have divided the Seven Deadly Sins as follows: Republicans oppose lust, sloth and envy; Democrats scorn gluttony, greed, wrath and pride. Little progress is reported. -Gene Lyons

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.04 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com