Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Protected WMA file? How to extract?  (Read 1843 times)

Offline Patrick

• Evil Urges, Baby.
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
Protected WMA file? How to extract?
« on: August 24, 2006, 12:16:44 PM »
I downloaded a wma file of a concert from a friend.

The video plays fine, but I am unable to control it, as in make it rewind, fast-forward, pause, stuff like that.  However, the file is downloaded to my hard drive, it's not a linked streaming video.

I want to exract the video, clean it up, and put my audio over the awful sounding track that is there.  Does anyone have any good software that will allow me to do this?  Most of the freeware I see online is for capturing streaming video, and that has already been done.

Any help is appreciated in advance. 

Monitor Engineer: Band of Horses, Cage the Elephant, Bruce Hornsby, The Head and the Heart, Josh Ritter

Live Music Archive Bookmarks

Offline Patrick

• Evil Urges, Baby.
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Protected WMA file? How to extract?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2006, 10:05:05 PM »
Maybe a screenshot will help explain this problem a little better...

As you can see, the movie is playing, but I am unable to control it.  All I can do it play/stop the file.  Any ideas on how to crack this open?

Monitor Engineer: Band of Horses, Cage the Elephant, Bruce Hornsby, The Head and the Heart, Josh Ritter

Live Music Archive Bookmarks

Offline Oysterhead00

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Rock This Bitch
    • My Ugly Page In Need Of A Huge Makeover
Re: Protected WMA file? How to extract?
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2006, 08:20:48 AM »
Maybe try the WINDOWS media file on a Windows machine  :P

Just kidding, I run on windows and Quick Time Pro and I still get that problem with some videos, I find doing a SAVE SOURCE FILE as something else unlocks it 95% of the time.  My friend's Fuji FunPix or SmartPix (I think that's what it was called) digicam would create files that couldn't be browsed or anything.  This fixes them.

Also, it MIGHT be a codec issue with whatever was used to encode it.  Sometimes I'll get an error that the correct codec couldn't be found, but it would play it but I could do nothing but play and stop and whenever stopped, or even paused, it would go back to the beginning.  (Some YouTube vids I've downloaded)  Maybe the saving source as option changes it to a codec present on your machine or something???

Far from technical, but maybe it will help....
Big Rig:  SMK-H8K/U or MSH-1O > PS-2 > AD-20 > CJB3
Sm Rig:  SS DSM-6S (or SP-CMC-12 > SPBM-2)  > MD-MT77
ISO: Cheap iRiver 120 or 140 :)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.062 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com