Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Windscreens for Schoeps CCM4's  (Read 10529 times)

Offline Nick Graham

• Amorican
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Windscreens for Schoeps CCM4's
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2007, 07:33:18 PM »
go with the shures.  i run mk4/21's on kwon bars and they fit just fine.

Yup, I ran MK4s and MK21s both with the big Shure A81s screens with zero problems. If the Shures don't help it's too damn windy to be taping! :)
Right now nothing...in the past: Schoeps CMC6, AKG 480, AKG 460, AKG 414, MBHO 603a, Neumann KM100, ADK TL>Schoeps MK4, Schoeps MK2, Schoeps MK41, AKG ck61, AKG ck62, AKG ck63, Neumann AK40, Neumann AK50, MBHO ka200>Lunatec V2, Lunatec V3, Apogee Mini-Me, Oade M148, Oade M248, Sound Devices MP2, Sonosax SXM2>Sony (mod)SBM1, Apogee AD500>D7, D8, D100, M1, R1, R4, R09, iRiver HP120, Microtrack

Offline Jhurlbs81

• Trade Count: (20)
    • My LMA collection
« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2007, 08:14:41 PM »
Yup, I ran MK4s and MK21s both with the big Shure A81s screens with zero problems

When you guys run these with the KWON bar; does the windscreen need to bend around covering some of the bar, or are they small enough to just pop on over he caps?

Thanks, ;D
Jesse
FREE JERRYFREAK!

Offline -Q-

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2007, 01:03:21 PM »
i did get the Shure's and they worked out nicely. no wind noise when i taped at the vibes. they fit on the CCM4'S snuggly and just touch the kwon bar
thanks again all
I  don't know where i'm going but i'll get there.Reid Genauer

Offline it-goes-to-eleven

• Trade Count: (58)
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2007, 01:41:48 PM »
Big shure user here..   I'd really like to do an audio comp of the various windscreens in common use. I'm more curious about how they impact sound when there is no wind vs. their resistance to wind.  As DSatz indicated, I think the air space around the capsule is important.  But how much do the non-airspace designs impact sound?

I've noticed big subject differences in foam density when you put the windscreen up to your mouth and try and blow through it over a small area (from the side)  The big shures have foam with very tiny pores and yet they seem to easily pass a lot of air.  In contrast, some screens with larger pores don't.  Not sure how significant that is but things like random foam balls, etc, don't tend to pass much air (same for my cheapo windtech screens). I imagine manufacturing a foam that is truly porous is more difficult.

Offline udo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2007, 11:31:07 PM »
I used the dpa's with additional rycote mini-windjammer on top of them on shoeps ccm5 (fantastic mirophone!!!) with great results. even on the oceanfront with a stiff breeze ...
most important factors to reduce wind-noise:
1. use omnis instead of cards
2. use low-cut filters
3. rycote windjammer in addition to foam screen
sp c4s mixpre sony pcm-d50

Offline F.O.Bean

• Team Schoeps Tapir that
  • Trade Count: (126)
  • Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2007, 03:24:13 AM »
For my MBHO Actives/KwonBars I use the DPA screens with a dead rat over the DPA Screens. So far, they have worked out tremendously. I didnt like using the big-ass shures on my actives simply because bending the shure screens around the KwonBar seemed to really widen the big-ass shures hole where the mics go. I normally wouldnt care, but I also use the big-ass shures with my 480's and I didnt want the shures hole to stay widened for when I use them on my 480's.

So my 480's use the big-ass shures permanently and my MBHO's use the DPA Screens+Dead Rats permanently. The DPA Screens+Dead Rats dont have to 'bend' around the KwonBar, so the DPA Screens hole cant possibly be widened. In fact, the DPA Screens+Dead Rats NEVER come off of my MBHO Actives/KwonBar for protection when in transport as well. Not to mention the protection they have when using them indoors in smoky environments. Hell, my setup is moron proof too. I leave the DPA Screens+Dead Rats kept on my MBHO Capsules/Actives at ALL times. And the hyper caps are ALWAYS kept on the DINa KwonBar. And the KwonBar is ALWAYS kept on my Shure a53m Shockmount. And the screw for the Windtech clamp is ALWAYS kept in the screw slot of the Shure A53M shock so I can just whip out the MBHO Actives setup and toss that sucka in my Windtech clamp and Im ready to roll in under 2 minutes :) Also, my Active cables are ALWAYS attached onto the capsules/KwonBar setup and the Active cables are ALWAYS attached to my MBHO Bodies on the other end. And the Interconnects are ALWAYS attached to the MBHO Bodies on one end and the 722 on the other end so I can roll at a SECONDS notice!!! You get the idea I take it that I leave ALL of my MBHO Actives setup together and ready to roll at a seconds notice. VERY easy and foolproof that way. Not to mention the protection of that setup when in transport :) Damn, I LOVE my MBHO Actives setup ;D

I know that the big-ass shures have memory foam and would come back to shape/life even tho I had to 'bend' them around the KwonBar, but I still didnt want to take that risk. Im sure after repeatedly using the shures on the Kwon/Active Bars that the shures hole could possibly be permanently widened, thus making them not fit as securely on my 480's!

Anyway, I dont see why both of my windscreen methods wouldnt also work on the Schoeps capsules/Actives as well even tho the Schoeps are 1mm smaller than the AKG's/MBHO's!!! I would think that the better method would be the DPA Screens+Dead Rats for use on Active setups with Kwon/Active bars since they would be smaller than the Big-Ass Shure screens not to mention that you dont have to 'bend' the shure screens around the Kwon/Active bars leaving them possibly permanently widened at the hole end of the shures so they wouldnt fit as snugly on other mics if you had more than one pair of mics. It took my shure screens a few days at least to come back to life and the hole in them to go back to normal after I used them on my KwonBar!
Schoeps MK 4V & MK 41V ->
Schoeps 250|0 KCY's (x2) ->
Naiant +60v|Low Noise PFA's (x2) ->
DarkTrain Right Angle Stubby XLR's (x3) ->
Sound Devices MixPre-6 & MixPre-3

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/diskobean
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Bean420
http://bt.etree.org/mytorrents.php
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/j9eu80jpuaubz/Recordings

Offline tonyvt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Bocephus
« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2007, 12:35:11 PM »
I used to run my CCM41's in a Rycote Stereo zeppelin with a Rycote Windjammer cover. It wasn't cheap however in 5 years of outdoor use I never once had a problem with wind.
I'm a Bluegrasshole.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.06 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com