Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: dumb question about SP-SPSB-1  (Read 2180 times)

Offline inside source

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
dumb question about SP-SPSB-1
« on: May 09, 2005, 07:11:44 PM »
I was looking at the picture of SP-SPSB-1 battery box at http://www.soundprofessionals.com/cgi-bin/gold/item/SP-SPSB-1

If the level controls are inside the box, how do you use access them at the show to adjust the volume? From the picture it looks like you need a screwdriver to open the cover.

From the site: "The controls are accessed by removing the lid". Do you keep the lid open while recording?

It seems like a "hinged lid option" is necessary, but in the review on the site someone says that it's just "a piece of elastic". Very confusing. I see that another box, SP-SPSB-7, has a nice openable cover.

Offline taktheride

• Taperssection Regular
Re: dumb question about SP-SPSB-1
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2005, 09:52:51 PM »
the hinged option is indeed just a glued elastic on the top.  it might be useful if you don't stealth.  but i stealth exclusively, and will never use my volume controls. if i had to buy it again, I'd get the SP-SPSB-6 with the bass roll off and thats it.  But thats just me.

Offline inside source

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2005, 12:45:38 AM »
Thank you very much!
What settings do you use for bass rolloff in your setup? Do you devide the rolloff setting by 3.7 when connecting to NJB3 line-in?

Offline taktheride

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2005, 07:10:14 PM »
Thank you very much!
What settings do you use for bass rolloff in your setup? Do you devide the rolloff setting by 3.7 when connecting to NJB3 line-in?

often 107hz...worked fine for Nine Inch Nails in a theater.

Offline inside source

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2005, 08:02:01 PM »
Thank you very much!

often 107hz...worked fine for Nine Inch Nails in a theater.

The reason I asked is when using cmc-8 > spsb-1 with rolloff at 107 Hz > line-in JB3 the actual bass rolloff is only at 29 Hz, which is below frequency range of cmc-8 mic, so should sound the same as with no rolloff at all. This is discussed in the other thread ( http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=42138.msg543952#msg543952 ). So I wonder if you notice any difference when using 16 Hz rolloff and 107 Hz rolloff on the battery box connected to JB3 line-in, unless you connect it to mic-in for some reason?

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.085 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com