Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Help with mixing two sources  (Read 5680 times)

Offline bossman284

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Newbie
  • I'm a llama!
Help with mixing two sources
« on: October 09, 2003, 04:22:08 PM »
Not sure there's an easy/quick answer but can anyone offer some how to advice on how to mix two recordings of the same show together?  I have access to Cool Edit and Sound Forge.

Thanks

rabhan

• Trade Count: (0)
Re:Help with mixing two sources
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2003, 08:59:50 PM »
uhhh, highlight one source and drag ontop the other and select mix? dunno, try that. but first make backup copies of each file just in case you fuck up.

Offline bossman284

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Newbie
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2003, 09:18:46 AM »
I'm asuuming it's a little more complicated than that, since the recordings are exactly the same length nor are they the same speed since they were recorded on two different decks. Thanks anyway.

Any other suggestions?

Offline dklein

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2003, 10:15:56 AM »
Here's some previous threads - the big decision is to stretch or to cut...my time discrepancies have always been too big for cutting - I'd be cutting every minute or two to keep things within a 10ms alignment window.  I was happy to find an acceptable sounding stretch funtion in Wavelab.  Then I multitrack in CEP (which has some awesome features in multitrack if you find you need to eq one of the sources).  You can monitor the whole thing without doing the mixdown.

http://www.taperssection.com/yabbse/index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=7635

http://www.taperssection.com/yabbse/index.php?board=23;action=display;threadid=6988
« Last Edit: October 10, 2003, 10:20:26 AM by dklein »
KM 184 > V2 > R4
older recording gear: UA-5  / emagic A62 / laptop / JB3 / CSB / AD20 / Sharp MT-90 / Sony MDS-JE510
Playback: Pioneer DV-578 > Lucid DA 9624 >many funny little british boxes > Linn Isobarik PMS

Offline Craig T

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • LMA
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2003, 10:16:23 AM »
I know this has been covered in another thread - maybe search "matrix" to find it.  Here's the basics using Cool Edit, since Cool edit will allow you to load both sources into the same multi-track workspace (Sound Forge would only let you do this by placing one source in the clipboard - much harder to work with).  1st, cut one source into tracks with something like CDWave.  2nd, load the "untracked" source into Cool Edit's multi-track view.  3rd, load the other source into Cool Edit, lining it up track by track.  Last, do a mixdown.
Schoeps cmc6/4v / Beyer mc950 / Line Audio CM3, OM1 / ADK A51 / Church Audio CA-14
Naiant Tinybox v2.2 / NBox(P) / Church Audio ST9200 / CA-UGLY
Sony PCM-M10 / Zoom F3 / Zoom F6

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.086 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com