Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: HYDRA customers who are unhappy w/the product  (Read 13614 times)

Offline silentmark

• Shine with or without cherries ?
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Boat, cucumber, wire ...
Re: HYDRA customers who are unhappy w/the product
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2008, 08:06:32 AM »
Hey you could always sell your tye dyes  ;D  I still get questions on the ones I got from you AND inquiries on how they can get some, hint, hint, nudge, nudge ... +T for dealing with customers ...
Dissent is the highest form of patriotism. - Howard Zinn, not Thomas Jefferson ...

Mics: Neumann AK50/AK40/AK30/AK20(1 for M/S), AKG568eb's (gathering dust)
Decks: R-44 (OCM), Fostex FR2LE (OWM), Microtacker (semi-retired), D8 (retired), D7 (retired)
Pre-amps: Apogee Minime (semi-retired), Sonosax SX-M2 (semi-retired), Oade mod SBM-1 (retired)
Cables: LC3 actives (older lemo style x2), Audio Magic Hyper Conductor interconnects

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3qrWOOposQ

Offline Nick's Picks

• Trade Count: (33)
  • I thought I heard.......
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2008, 08:13:34 AM »
you want more shirts holmie ?
I can deliver.

Offline willyp523

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2008, 08:23:18 AM »
Damn!...wish I had heard of this before placing an order  >:D

Seriously though, nearly everything I do is stealth...pretty cables are the least of my concerns. 

Nick, as I mentioned in my first note to you...I have nothing planned in the near future.  So I'm in no rush at all.
Peluso cemc6 ck4/ck21/ck41...Line Audio CM3

Sony PCM-M10, Tascam DR-70D, Sound Devices MixPre 6

Panasonic Lumix ZS3

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/willyp523

https://www.youtube.com/user/willyp523/videos

Offline silentmark

• Shine with or without cherries ?
  • Boat, cucumber, wire ...
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2008, 08:33:45 AM »
you want more shirts holmie ?
I can deliver.

PM sent  ;D
Dissent is the highest form of patriotism. - Howard Zinn, not Thomas Jefferson ...

Mics: Neumann AK50/AK40/AK30/AK20(1 for M/S), AKG568eb's (gathering dust)
Decks: R-44 (OCM), Fostex FR2LE (OWM), Microtacker (semi-retired), D8 (retired), D7 (retired)
Pre-amps: Apogee Minime (semi-retired), Sonosax SX-M2 (semi-retired), Oade mod SBM-1 (retired)
Cables: LC3 actives (older lemo style x2), Audio Magic Hyper Conductor interconnects

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3qrWOOposQ

Offline Nick's Picks

« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2008, 08:46:21 AM »
Damn!...wish I had heard of this before placing an order  >:D

Seriously though, nearly everything I do is stealth...pretty cables are the least of my concerns. 

Nick, as I mentioned in my first note to you...I have nothing planned in the near future.  So I'm in no rush at all.

huh ?
that is my other problem.  Keeping track of who's who.
ts.com usernames, various emails and "real life" names never seem to all be in the same message.
remind me...what did you order ?
:)

Offline pmonk66

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2008, 09:48:57 AM »
Actually, now I think about - your cables are pretty ugly!

<ducks out of room>

Offline Nick's Picks

« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2008, 09:52:02 AM »
yea, well so's yo' moma!

stevetoney

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2008, 09:55:32 AM »
Actually, now I think about - your cables are pretty ugly!

<ducks out of room>

Ugly is as ugly does.  I've got his Hall-of-Fame museum quality prototype models that he sold me for a great price a couple months ago, and I think Nicks cables are very beautiful!

« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 10:08:09 AM by tonedeaf »

Offline Nick's Picks

« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2008, 10:59:01 AM »
ah!
now those are ugly.
made lots of good pulls w/those cables though.

Offline illconditioned

• Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2008, 12:06:41 PM »
Kudos to you and others who build gear for others.  Not an easy job.
If all else fails, just return the money and/or stop orders and "close" shop for a while until you can regroup.
Not worth losing your health over this.
Anyone who has built gear for others will understand :).

Richard
Please DO NOT mail me with tech questions.  I will try to answer in the forums when I get a chance.  Thanks.

Sample recordings at: http://www.soundmann.com.

Offline twoodruff

• Trade Count: (91)
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2008, 01:03:00 PM »
thanks for each and every cable, battery system, microphone, audio equipment???, and all else I have purchased from you. I have never had an issue that wasn't fixable and Nick has always stood behind his work. Love ordering from him and will continue to do so until he quits making cables, and then will probably still pick up a mic or two
No Mics
Clamps
Cables
No Preamp
Recorders

Offline ~~~>

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2008, 01:10:19 PM »
Your right.  Very bad form.  No offense intended but I am glad I've never purchased cables from you reading the drivel you have posted here.  And posting customer communication?  Really lame.  Followed this thread since you started it.  You've received about 25 plus tix for it.  Why people?  These are the same people who -t'd Church for ranting on here yet Nick get's plus t'd.  The hypocrisy here is amazing at times.  If you wanna charge 100 bucks for cables then ya I expect em to look professional.  Don't really care where, how or by whom made them.  Glad I went with the Hi-Ho's.  And ya sling the -t's folks.  But I figured there needed to be a counterpoint to all the Di#ksucking going on here.

I know, its bad form for a retailer to vent like this.  And i'm sure it will cost me in many ways.

Offline aegert

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2008, 01:19:18 PM »
Hey

Building custom stuff ain't easy... Attacking others ain't nice.... Vote with your wallet.... They do not make a standard strain relieved stubby connector.. You got to pot them... they will never look pristine... The question is do they work and are they reliable...

People say yes... It seems he takes returns so if you like the look of things and cosmetics is number one not then there was no loss anyway as you returned them. So beating on him gains nothing...

I am not a customer nor do I endorse purchase as I have not used them but how we treat each other is important.

A :)
B&k 4022's > Grace Lunatec V3 > Self Built  Neutrik/ Mogami XLR to TRS > Korg MR1000

Schoeps CMT44's > Self Built Neutrik/ Tuchel 2 ch Snake > Switchcraft Phantom to T-power Adapters > Grace Lunatec V3 > Sound Devices 722

www.motb.org

The bus came by and I got on....

Offline illconditioned

• Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2008, 01:25:19 PM »
Your right.  Very bad form.  No offense intended but I am glad I've never purchased cables from you reading the drivel you have posted here.  And posting customer communication?  Really lame.  Followed this thread since you started it.  You've received about 25 plus tix for it.  Why people?  These are the same people who -t'd Church for ranting on here yet Nick get's plus t'd.  The hypocrisy here is amazing at times.  If you wanna charge 100 bucks for cables then ya I expect em to look professional.  Don't really care where, how or by whom made them.  Glad I went with the Hi-Ho's.  And ya sling the -t's folks.  But I figured there needed to be a counterpoint to all the Di#ksucking going on here.

I know, its bad form for a retailer to vent like this.  And i'm sure it will cost me in many ways.

I think most of us supported Chris when he had stress/problems/complaints/gripes earlier.  As far as looks or whatever, did you get a look at photos first?  If they were not good enough, simply return them.  If you can't get the product, or return it, then a complaint is warranted.

By the way, I am in no way supporting Nick's specific products - I would not pay that much for a cable myself!  I'm just saying that we need to realize these people have other things in life besides building gear.  Hey, if anyone else wants to get into the cable business, go ahead.  There is more than enough room for more builders/hackers out there.

Richard
Please DO NOT mail me with tech questions.  I will try to answer in the forums when I get a chance.  Thanks.

Sample recordings at: http://www.soundmann.com.

Offline pgroove4life

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2008, 01:28:30 PM »
whew!11111  flew in here as fast as my w3sty would drive me to the interwebs!11  I see we have some troll surfin' goin on.  Surf aways grand master hoff!  I'll slap your ass silly wtih my locks of love  until you luvs them cables  :kiss2:
heady br4h!

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.091 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com