Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Another MT Question  (Read 3015 times)

Offline BWolf

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Always on the prowl...
    • Etree Trading List
Another MT Question
« on: February 07, 2006, 10:00:24 PM »
Two more that I couldnt find in the FAQ:

I know there is a problem with the FAT32.  Are people using it still and just doing chkdsk?  or are people using FAT instead?

If I updated the firmware, I just need to do the most recent one (1.2.3), right?  Are all the previous firmware fixes included in 1.2.3 or do I need to install each one indivudually?

Thanks again for all the help!!  Can't wait to get out and record on Thursday night!!
"The best jazz is funky, and the best funk is jazzy" -SMOOTH
------------------------------------------------------
Neumann AK20/AK40s > LC3 > KM100 > Lunatec V3 (MS mod) > SD 722 or Microtrack 24/96  (Hi-Ho Silver Custom Interconnects)

Offline JasonSobel

• Trade Count: (8)
    • My show list
Re: Another MT Question
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2006, 07:43:20 AM »
If I updated the firmware, I just need to do the most recent one (1.2.3), right?  Are all the previous firmware fixes included in 1.2.3 or do I need to install each one indivudually?

that's correct, you should only need to update the firmware with the most recent version.  You shouldn't need to go through each revision individually.

Offline BWolf

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Always on the prowl...
    • Etree Trading List
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2006, 08:38:54 AM »

that's correct, you should only need to update the firmware with the most recent version.  You shouldn't need to go through each revision individually.

thats good.  anyone have any thoughts on the format for the flash card?  should I just let the MT do the format or should I do it with Windows?
"The best jazz is funky, and the best funk is jazzy" -SMOOTH
Neumann AK20/AK40s > LC3 > KM100 > Lunatec V3 (MS mod) > SD 722 or Microtrack 24/96  (Hi-Ho Silver Custom Interconnects)

Offline jtessier

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2006, 03:21:28 PM »
Two more that I couldnt find in the FAQ:

I know there is a problem with the FAT32.  Are people using it still and just doing chkdsk?  or are people using FAT instead?

What problem with FAT32 are you referring to?  The only problem I'm aware of is that the Microtrack does not like (and that's putting it mildly) cards that have been formatted in such a way that there is not a backup fie allocation table (FAT) on the disk.  This kind of formatting can be done using some PDA type devices. Formatting in the MT and under Windows XP will always give the media a backup FAT. As for whether one way is better than the other I'd say do it one way and if you don't have problems then run with it. I've never had problems formatting either way.

J.T.

Offline eric.B

• to the side qualified
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2006, 11:23:33 PM »
I too am close to acquiring a mt..  perfect if you like the v3 digital out.. which I do.
as long as you can deal with (for now) the 2gig 2496 limitation, I see the 2448 Microtracker to be a *perfect* piece of gear..  as long as it is reliable long term that is..   :-\

We have a system that increasingly taxes work and subsidizes nonwork.  ~Milton Friedman

Offline BC

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Bongo Bongo
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2006, 01:40:22 PM »
I too am close to acquiring a mt..  perfect if you like the v3 digital out.. which I do.
as long as you can deal with (for now) the 2gig 2496 limitation,

And random channel flipping when recording SPDIF in at 24 bit.     

Sorry, this problem bugs me. :P
In: DPA4022>V3>Microtracker/D8

Out: Morrison ELAD>Adcom GFA555mkII>Martin Logan Aerius i

Offline eric.B

• to the side qualified
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2006, 02:53:16 PM »
as long as you can deal with (for now) the 2gig 2496 limitation,

The unit I have used does not exhibit these issues..  not that it doesnt exist with others...
We have a system that increasingly taxes work and subsidizes nonwork.  ~Milton Friedman

Offline jtessier

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2006, 02:49:58 PM »

Are you having this happen with firmware 1.2.3? I've not experienced, nor heard confirmed reports of, this happening any longer since 1.2.3 came out.

J.T.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.059 seconds with 37 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com