Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Newbie - few questions  (Read 4398 times)

Offline Krispy D

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • my recordings on LMA
Re: Newbie - few questions
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2008, 01:32:22 PM »
tonedeaf, you are a gentleman.  Thanks very much for all your advice!!!! 

Well, lets not get silly.

Here is a Ticket to start you off! +T
Peluso CEMC6, ck4/ck21
Oktava MC012
Sony ECM260f
AT 811

canare star quads
DIY mil spec silvers

DIY (W-ish) mod UA5>JB3
Oade ACM PMD 660
R4

You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong. You cannot help the wage-earner by pulling down the wage-payer. You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves.
~Rev. William J. H. Boetcker (not Lincoln)

stevetoney

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2008, 01:36:01 PM »

With all the abuse I been taking the last few days in the Political Zone, I was starting to feel downright giddy.  Thanks for fixing that Krispy.  He he  ;D

Offline Krispy D

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • my recordings on LMA
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2008, 01:39:09 PM »

With all the abuse I been taking the last few days in the Political Zone, I was starting to feel downright giddy.  Thanks for fixing that Krispy.  He he  ;D

and here's one for you for helping a kneub in need. +T
Peluso CEMC6, ck4/ck21
Oktava MC012
Sony ECM260f
AT 811

canare star quads
DIY mil spec silvers

DIY (W-ish) mod UA5>JB3
Oade ACM PMD 660
R4

You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong. You cannot help the wage-earner by pulling down the wage-payer. You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves.
~Rev. William J. H. Boetcker (not Lincoln)

Offline Chaosu

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2008, 12:25:48 PM »
I have bought Edirol R-09HR recently and it was my start with taping. I tried internal mics bfore I bought external, and I tried them even later. My bad was using too high levels which caused:
-heavy disortion (once)
-too loud bass (twice)
However bass can be greatly filtered in postproduction and I got two shows sounding very nice (for a begginer) already so I can say I am satisfied with internal mics (You can pull a satisfying recording not only for Yourself). And those were loud shows. Only bad thing is that recoring unit is size of palmtop and it's hard to have it 'up' (maybe lie on hat? I never tried) so after handhelding it for two hours in front of my face (covering half of stage) i was exhausted, but it's surely possible to work something out (if You are high maybe front pocket of Your shirt and some smaller people in front of You would be enough).
Last thing, (someone mentioned) R-09HR is new version of R-09 and it's more expensive, but I heard someone bought it for 275$ brand new with some microsoft cashback offer (it's explained somewhere in retail space forum). Hope that helps.
Phil

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.056 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com