Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: ADK A51TL prices?  (Read 10957 times)

Offline Brian

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re:ADK A51TL prices?
« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2004, 04:21:34 PM »
i used to run the TL's with the w-mod and Craig's description is right on.

not sure about the refelctions at the gorge, i remember it sounding damn good when i was there a few years ago.  but then again i was REALLY close to the stage. but if you are going to be taping htere more than once i'd try going split omnis at least. who knows....you just might be drooling when you listen to your tapes later ;D

Offline jkoch

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • groovy!
« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2004, 07:28:00 PM »
i used to run the TL's with the w-mod and Craig's description is right on.

not sure about the refelctions at the gorge, i remember it sounding damn good when i was there a few years ago.  but then again i was REALLY close to the stage. but if you are going to be taping htere more than once i'd try going split omnis at least. who knows....you just might be drooling when you listen to your tapes later ;D

oh i have no doubt it could turn out great from up front and center, but i'm about 10 rows back and 100% isolated on one side of the PA every night.
Schoeps MK4s > active cables > NBox+ > Edirol R-09HR

Offline ToddL

• Taperssection Newbie
  • I feel more like I did a while ago than I do now.
« Reply #47 on: June 04, 2004, 08:01:55 PM »
what do you guys use for (major) windscreens for these? like for say the gorge? how bout normal use?

I bought the WS89 (U89 windscreens) for mine, and they have survived some howling conditions without a hint of wind noise.  It seems that it will usually get to the stage mics before mine.

Offline ToddL

• Taperssection Newbie
  • I feel more like I did a while ago than I do now.
« Reply #48 on: June 04, 2004, 08:04:48 PM »
run the omni's if its windy

I was under the impression that the TL's do not benefit much (if at all) from running omni in windy conditions.  This is due to the fact that they get their omni pattern from combining 2 card patterns (front and rear).  I think that a true desigated omni cap is where you will get the advantage in the wind.  Can someone confirm this or tell me that I'm a misinformed moron?

TL

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.051 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com