Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Windows Vista 64 bit programs? Audition? SoundForge? Something else?  (Read 1246 times)

Offline jlykos

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Don't sweat the technique
I just purchased a new computer with a 64 bit Windows Vista Business Edition installed on it.  I am wondering if any of you can recommend some audio editing programs that will install on it.  I used to use Audition 2.0.  Will this or version 3.0 work?  I heard that Sound Forge 9 will work with 64 bit Vista, but I am not as familiar with it.  Is there anything else that I will be looking at?

Oh, I will be using the software to do the normal "taper" things like equalize the levels if one channel is down, convert from 24 bit to 16 bit, cut the tracks, create fades, and stuff like that.  I loved Audition because it was very easy to do all of these things in one program.  Anything like it would be fantastic.
dpa 4061 > Church Audio 9200 > Sony PCM-D50 (Moon Audio Silver Dragon v3 interconnect)

"I have no views," Mickey Melchiondo, known as Dean Ween, said in a philosophical moment. "I am way too stupid. I have no strong feelings about anything. I'm really into television and the computer. I believe everything I see on TV and read on the Internet."

Offline OFOTD

• Amorican
  • Trade Count: (7)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Windows Vista 64 bit programs? Audition? SoundForge? Something else?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008, 11:53:59 AM »
All of your normal programs will work in a 64 bit OS.  You do not have to have specific 64 bit software.   

In most cases you will not see any kind of performance upgrade with 32bit software on a 64bit OS but programs written specifically for a 64bit OS do seem to fly.

If you like Audition i'd say stick with it.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.044 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com