Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Laptop external power  (Read 3118 times)

Offline kev B

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • mmm, taping!
Laptop external power
« on: January 06, 2004, 11:21:33 PM »
I have a Toshiba laptop that I am setting up for recording. It runs on one 10.8V 4500mA battery. Can I construct a SLA/RC battery to supply power thru the A/C connection? I only need a few minutes of power to swap my batteries. Sorry for ignorance of AC/DC and power options.

(Ok, commence with the AC/DC band jokes ;) )
Oktava MC012 > digi-mod UA-5 > JB3 > SVU-1

Team Philly, Team Oktava, Team SVU-x

Offline mirth

• Needs to get out more...
  • Les Hommes Savvent Pourquois
Re:Laptop external power
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2004, 06:31:50 PM »
Check out the universal laptop battery pack @ batteryspace.com
Governor Jim McGreevey was equally disturbed about the upcoming population increase. "New Jersey cannot support all of these wookies," he said. "For starters, we don't have nearly enough kindbud. At best, we can muster up a Q.P. of some beasties, but we've not a dime-bag more."

Offline sexymexi

• Taperssection All-Star
    • show list
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2004, 09:59:58 PM »
AKG 391's > phantom boxes > JB3 or Casio DA-7
Panasonic WM1610 omni's > whatever

Playback: Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum > Onkyo TSDX595 > matched Oynix Rockets > Mirage FRX-S8 sub

Offline sickrick43

• Taperssection All-Star
  • I'm NOT a fucking llama!
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2004, 03:44:24 AM »
Check out the POWERPAD at electrovaya.com.  It powers thru the AC Port, and the high VA model will probably run your unit all night.  They're a little pricey, but for the size and footprint, they can't be beat.

Check the Model Compatibility Guide to make sure your computer is supported.

Shame my Sony GRT-100 uses a 19.5V input, and I can find ANYTHING REASONABLE (in size, $$ is no object) to power it in the field.  I "over-spec'd" on power/screen size, before I checked whether I could power the damn thing remotely.

Rick
4 Track & CD Live Rig: TLM-170's->V3->SD-744T  CDLive->TC Finalzer Express->Tascam CDR-900SL

24 Track Rig: Audix D6/D2/D4/I5/SCX1-C/O->Whilrwind SPC82 ISO Splitters->DigimaxLT's->Alesis HD24 (Lucid GenX192 Master Clock)

Canon 1Ds MarkII - 16-35/2.8L - 24-70/2.8L - 70-200/2.8L IS - 180/f:3.5 Macro - 550EX Flash

"this isnt a dramatic bitchy exit, its just time to go." - Big Ray (queen of the dramatic bitchy exit)

Offline Kindguy

• Team Bama
  • Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2004, 06:18:43 AM »
Valance Ncharge makes one for sony.
TDS!

DPA 4023> aeta PSP-2> Apogee Mini Me > R-44

http://www.basicallyfrightened.com/

Offline mirth

• Les Hommes Savvent Pourquois
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2004, 07:23:45 PM »
I have a Toshiba laptop that I am setting up for recording. It runs on one 10.8V 4500mA battery. Can I construct a SLA/RC battery to supply power thru the A/C connection? I only need a few minutes of power to swap my batteries. Sorry for ignorance of AC/DC and power options.

(Ok, commence with the AC/DC band jokes ;) )

I don't think he's looking for an external battery pack to run all night on, as his stock of internal batteries is sufficient. The only real problem with many older Satellites is they only support one internal battery, making changes a bit rough if theres no break expected before the juice runs out.
Governor Jim McGreevey was equally disturbed about the upcoming population increase. "New Jersey cannot support all of these wookies," he said. "For starters, we don't have nearly enough kindbud. At best, we can muster up a Q.P. of some beasties, but we've not a dime-bag more."

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.221 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com