Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: posted in wrong place...just realized DOH!  (Read 1424 times)

Offline BJ

• been around the world and found that only stupid people are breeding the cretins cloning and feeding
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • They're baaack! ??
posted in wrong place...just realized DOH!
« on: March 07, 2004, 04:23:20 PM »
Anyone running a Vaio with the intel centrino 1.4?  If so..any issues with this laptop while recording?  Specifically..I will be running a UA-5(at least for a while).  
Second..the battery is supposed to last for 5-6 hrs..however, I KNOW it won't while im recording the whole time...so I was thinking about small batteries(rc possibly?)  here is the specs for the power....can a small battery be made?

68 watts maximum +10% (16V / AC100-240V), Energy Star(SM) compliant, Advanced power management - APM-ACPI compatible

should i post this in the power place...its actually two different questions in the same post...should i have split?  if so..sorry
Auditory
Intake  waves -> 0/1's -> waves
it's magic 

Offline caymanreview

• Trade Count: (22)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • shows ive taped  that are in circulation
Re:posted in wrong place...just realized DOH!
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2004, 05:21:11 PM »
i think this is a reasonable place for both ?'s, since basically both are applicable to computer recording

im not sure on the battery situation, my charger( sony vaio picturebook c1vp) is 16v, but the battery is 11.1...

i know that when i hook a 12v external power source up though a hacked power plug, it thinks it is "charging" but in all actuality it just extends my battery life somewhat. it never actually raised the batterys charged %, even during setbreak when it wasnt recording.

i would really like to know if i could take the 12v pack i have and wire it up with some other pack to make a ~16v input so it would actually charge the battery while in use

edit: im running a vaio with a 667 crusoe, so im sure that centrino 1.4 would have more than enough nuts to do anything you wanted 8)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2004, 05:22:06 PM by caymanreview »

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.05 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com