Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Clamp and Tripod  (Read 2871 times)

Offline Elana

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Taperssection Member
Clamp and Tripod
« on: October 06, 2013, 11:01:15 PM »
Looking for a clamp where I can mount a slr or camcorder for video.  I have a Rowi 103 but it's not ideal, plus I may need something to use for my mics as well.

Also looking for a video tripod that's a little nicer than what you find in the big box stores, but doesn't have to be top of the line.

Thanks

Offline guitard

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Clamp and Tripod
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 01:48:23 PM »
I'm basing this on what I've read and watched on youtube - not on what I know from first hand experience.  The Manfrotto MKC3-H01 is supposed to be a very nice quality, low-end tripod available for around $50.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mDOYTlWLhA
Mics: Schoeps MK41s & MK41Vs >:D
Pre-amps: BabyNbox & Platinum Nbox
Deck: Sony A10

Video: Canon HF G70 (4K), Sony FDR AX100 (4K), Pany ZS100 (4K)
Photo: Canon EOS 7D w/ Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L is III USM

A/V software: Sony Vegas Pro 18 (build 527) 64 bit / DVD Architect Pro 6.0 (build 237)

Offline Elana

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2013, 08:38:04 PM »
I went with the MK394, and it's ok for what it is... not super impressed.  I'm not sure it's worth the price, especially for a name like Manfrotto.  I looked at the compact you mentioned in the store as well, and it looks ok, so I might give it a try instead.

Offline Slavitch91

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
    • www.vaik.ch
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2013, 12:07:15 PM »
A clamp or a photo tripod will be fine if you shoot no-moving videos. But as soon as you want to pan and tilt, you will need a specific video head. Photo and video head use standard 1/4'' 20 and 3/8'' screws, you will need some to attach the audio gear. Simple mic adapter may suffice, but rycote mounts avoid transition of shocks. If your budget is large, google '15mm video systems", you can make your own rigs.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.05 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com