Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Sony PCM-M10 (Part 8)  (Read 97461 times)

Offline Twenty8

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Union Ironwork/Union Grip Rig
Re: Sony PCM-M10 (Part 8)
« Reply #345 on: May 24, 2022, 06:40:31 AM »
Just joined the M10 crew earlier this month.

Ran to the internal memory with 853 subcards > soundpro box.  Next using it as a bit box from the out of my 680 during Phish OB this weekend.

Any approved memory card list floating around before I start scouring the site?
A bit box is a deck that takes a digital signal from a preamp or other device, hence the name bit box. It adds nothing, it just takes and holds the bits from a non-recorder. The Sony M10 does not take a digital signal, it only takes an analog signal, so it cannot be used as a bit box.
I see.  I figured people were using small decks from the out of their large deck and calling it a "bit box".  My bad.  Hashtag newbie mistake.
Open ~ Beyerdynamic MC930 and 950 : Line Audio CM3/CM4 : Busman BSC1/K3
Closed/Open ~ 2x AT853 (c,subc,o) > Sound Pro bboxes:
Pres ~ 2x Oade mod UA-5 (W+, ACM+)
Decks ~ DR680mkII, DR2d, A10, M10
Also ~ AT3031 : AT831 : Berliner CM33 : Busman BSC1/K1-4 : Line Audio OM1 : Sennheiser e614 : Shure Beta98/s

Offline yug du nord

• ...til things never seen seem familiar…
  • Trade Count: (56)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • made with natural flavor
« Reply #346 on: May 25, 2022, 10:01:43 PM »

Ran to the internal memory with 853 subcards > soundpro box.  Next using it as a bit box from the out of my 680 during Phish OB this weekend.

A bit box is a deck that takes a digital signal from a preamp or other device, hence the name bit box. It adds nothing, it just takes and holds the bits from a non-recorder. The Sony M10 does not take a digital signal, it only takes an analog signal, so it cannot be used as a bit box.

Hey dallman..  hope you are well!!
For the sake of fun 8)… there are some recorders that have digital outputs that can feed another recorder’s digital input.
But the M10 is not one of them.
Miss ya man..   :guitarist:

« Last Edit: May 25, 2022, 10:09:44 PM by yug du nord »
.....got a blank space where my mind should be.....

Offline dallman

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (30)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • Clifford Morse
« Reply #347 on: May 26, 2022, 05:12:43 PM »

I see.  I figured people were using small decks from the out of their large deck and calling it a "bit box".  My bad.  Hashtag newbie mistake.
That's ok, I'm still learning and I made my first recording in 1971.  :bigsmile:

Yug,
I sure hope to see you this summer as things open up again!! I miss you too.
Support Live Music: Tape A Show Today!
Deck>possibly something here> Mics

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.044 seconds with 25 queries.
© 2002-2022 Taperssection.com